As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A fixed term vacancy position has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a National Legal Officer (NP1) within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Rule of Law and Human Rights Department, the incumbent performs the following tasks:
1. Monitors, analyses and reports on developments related to justice and legal reform activities as well as human rights in Albania;
2. Monitors and analyses the operation of the judiciary in light of applicable international fair trial standards, identities gaps in domestic legislation and practice and drafts respective recommendations;
3. Provides assistance, in close co-operation with national and international stakeholders, to the Albanian authorities for the implementation of the applicable legal framework in line with international standards and OSCE commitments;
4. Analyses and comments on draft legislation and policies in relation to justice and legal reform, efficiency of justice as well as human rights;
5. Drafts various documents, including internal and external reports, memos, briefing note talking points and comments;
6. Manages projects and/or the implementation of project activities related to justice and legal reform as well as human rights in coordination with project manager(s);
7. Establishes and maintains close working relationships with international and national partners, such as High Judicial Council, High Prosecutorial Council, EURALIUS, USAID, PAMECA, EU Delegation in Albania, etc;
8. Represents the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department and the Presence at meetings, conferences and seminars as required and appropriate;
9. Organizes and attends the meetings and drafts written summaries (minutes) of meetings;
10. Organizes meetings and training seminars in the context of project activities;
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• First level university degree in Law. Further specialization in criminal law would be considered as an asset;
• Minimum of two years of previous professional experience, preferably in domestic and/or international judicial institutions. Previous experience working with international organization is desirable.
• Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
• Excellent legal analytical skills;
• Professional fluency in English and Albanian, both oral and written;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to work well under time pressure;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
• Must be an Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration is approximately 1,535 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 08 September 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's on line application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question on the application, kindly send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.