A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for National IT Officer (NP1), in the Democratization Department within the extra-budgetary project “Parliament and Civic Education in Albania”, funded by the government of the Swiss Confederation.
The National IT Officer (NP1) should understand the technology components, particularly as regards the needs of the e-Legislation system. Skills should include an understanding of IT architecture, database structures, XML programming languages and web interfaces and app development.
1. Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Under the direction of the IT experts from the Austrian Parliament and in close cooperation with the Project Manager, the National IT Officer oversees the development of the Assembly’s ICT Strategy and advises on IT architecture, database structures, programming languages, web interfaces and app development;
• Contribute to building the IT architecture for the Assembly’s e-Legislation database and its online archives.
• Supports the development and management of the hardware and software of the E-legislation system and archives;
• Liaises and regularly communicates with the Presence’s ICT staff and OSCE ICT Section in the Vienna on the selection and management of the e-legislation system.
• Provides expertise on the server operating systems, networking, Firewalls;
• Liaises and regularly communicates with the Presence’s Procurement on the purchase of software and hardware for the e-legislation system.
• Provides requested reports and other information, develops and proposes required changes to the implementation of the Project.
• Guarantees the implementation of the Project complies with the ICT standards, policies and procedures of the OSCE.
• Coordinates and guides the Project Team in the system administration and user support, telephony and GSM mobile services.
• Report to the Project Manager on various ICT issues. Regularly advises, both verbally and in written form.
• Performs any other duties as assigned.
Requirements: • University degree in computer science, information technology or computer information systems with certification status for Novell NetWare, Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook), NT Servers, MS Exchange, Proxy Servers, TCP/IP Compaq, Cisco and/or other major hard-and software manufacturers. Microsoft certified IT professional certification, CISCO certified network associate certifications would be an asset; IT certificates desirable (i.e. MCSE).
• Minimum 2 year of professional experience in installation, maintenance and administration of LAN/WAN systems, software and hardware.
• Excellent knowledge of computer communication package equipment and creation of LAN/WAN designs.
• Knowledge of advanced word processing, spreadsheets, databases and e-mail in a network environment.
• Excellent written and spoken English and local language.
• Must be Albanian resident
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1535 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 03 August 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.