The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will provide and manage Service Desk activities in order to offer optimum Information Technology and Communication services to the OSCE Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina and additional Missions participating in the ICT Shared Services function in accordance with OSCE ICT policies, standards and Operating Procedures. ICT services provided include planning and managing tasks that are associated with the daily Service Desk and ICT Network operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As the National ICT Officer, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Taking overall responsibility for the co-ordination/realization of incident management and request fulfilment in the Service Desk; Providing first level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfilment tools/processes in line with Service Desk objectives set by the Secretariat ICT Service Management processes; Managing the overall service desk day-to-day activities; Initiating fall back procedures in case of unavailability; Ensuring that customer orientation culture is established within the team; Reporting and escalating to senior management on any issue that could significantly impact business operations; Attending Change Advisory Board meetings and taking ownership of pertinent user communication on maintenance activities; Ensuring that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours; Collaborating with colleagues within OSCE to ensure that the work carried out is well co-ordinated, efficient and effective; Implementing ICT Security Policy/Procedures and escalating to supervisor/ICT Security Office any violation or risks related to ICT Security; Arranging staff training/awareness sessions;
2. Providing technical support for network components and regular feedback on network performance; Monitoring and controlling service levels of network suppliers; Administering user access to e-mail application to optimize availability and conformance to agreed service levels; Monitoring applications to ensure and demonstrate compliance with service levels; Ensuring detection of alerts from the network infrastructure; Participating in network planning, design, development, deployment, and modification; Administering/supporting VMware/Virtualization platform; Assisting in obtaining network resources for test environment/service implementation; Resolving network issues identified during component and pilot tests/production tests; Adjusting network capacity/performance based on capacity management recommendations; Providing technical review of existing implementations and administrative practices (account and network administration, GPOs, OUs, DNS, etc.); Testing and implementing network upgrades/changes; Maintaining inventory and asset configuration documentation; Experience in Windows deployment solutions (SCCM, etc);
3. Administering domain Users, Group and Computer objects and Group Policies and File Server Access Rights; Monitoring data replication to ensure it occurs in a timely fashion and Mission’s directories for capacity, availability and performance; Administering output environment (such as queues, spooler, data stream transforms, and character code translation) and hard-copy output devices such as printers and multifunction machines; Backup/restore of critical data; Ensuring that storage resources are in good working order; Isolating and resolving faults associated with storage resources; Detecting storage management events and raising alerts; Ensuring that backup results match expectations; Executing end-user backup, restoration/disaster recovery procedures;
4. Monitoring and controling production systems; Enabling automated monitoring of system components; Executing documented operational procedures for event escalations; Following data security procedures; Providing regular feedback on operational performance; Reacting and attempting to solve incidents or ensure that they are transferred for resolution; Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- First-level university degree computer science, IT communications;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the area of information technology and network administration with increasing level of responsibility; work experience with current industry networking technologies in large institutions or companies, preferably international, is an asset;
- Experience in providing technical training;
- Foundation knowledge of the ITIL framework;
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco networking devices, TCP/IP networking, HP server hardware/peripherals, storage and networking devices, Microsoft server and client operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory; network cabling;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in local languages;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,228.92 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.