The Presence is implementing the extra-budgetary project “Supporting prison reform in Albania with a special focus on preventing and countering VERLT in prisons and probation (Phase II)”.
The project aims to complement and intensify the on-going wider efforts in the fight against Violent Extremism and Radicalization that Lead to Terrorism (VERLT) with a particular focus on countering VERLT risks in prison and probation system. Following the Basic Training for probation staff conducted in 2018 and the previous activities held by the Presence with Prison staff, there was identified the need to raise awareness of young offenders on probation on VERLT. The Presence will support the organization of a series of awareness raising forums with young offenders on probation on the push and pull factors of violent extremism, inter-cultural and inter-faith dialogue, the risks posed by violent extremists, radicalization cycle, etc.
For this purpose, the Presence will hire two national experts who individually will prepare and deliver presentations on the driving factors on VERLT, the push and pull factors of violent extremism, preventive measures, the importance of interfaith and intercultural dialogue, social networks and their influence. They will engage in discussions with the offenders on probation during three full-day forums (roundtables) to be held in Tirana, Korça and Fier, respectively from May to July 2019.
The Presence’s Rule of Law and Human Rights Department is looking for two National Experts with a background on CVE and victim-offender mediation to individually prepare and make presentations during three awareness raising forums (roundtables) with young offenders on probation in Tirana, Korça and Fier.
Under the guidance of the Project Manager, the experts will be expected to:
• Prepare and deliver presentations (two presentations for each one separately) on violent extremism and radicalization that lead to terrorism (VERLT), the driving factors on VERLT, push and pull factors and preventive measures; the importance of interfaith and intercultural dialogue, social networks and their influence. • Keep regular contacts with the Project Manager; • Engage in discussions with the offenders on probation.
- Methodology of presentations. - PowerPoint presentations on violent extremism and radicalization that lead to terrorism (VERLT), the driving factors on VERLT, push and pull factors and preventive measures, the importance of interfaith and intercultural dialogue, social networks and their influence.
• Advanced university degree in law/social sciences;
• At least 3 years of professional experience/expertise on P/CVERLT;
• At least 5 years of professional experience/expertise on victim-offender mediation;
• At least 5 years of professional experience/expertise on interfaith and intercultural dialogue;
• Previous experience as a trainer;
• Very good knowledge of Albanian including excellent communication and teaching skills.
The payment for this consultancy will be 900 Euros and travel expenses will be covered as per OSCE Rules and Regulations.
How to apply
All applications are due by 21 April 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with modified Terms of Reference or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.