A New Recruitment Platform is coming soon! Learn more about how it will enhance your OSCE Talent Acquisition Experience.
Please note that this vacancy notice is for a specific assignment with an in-depth knowledge of and experience in the field of Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT).
As part of the Office’s multi-year efforts to promote good governance and advance the host country’s AML/CFT system in compliance with the Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) standards, the OSCE Office in Nur-Sultan announces a call for an expert who will contribute to the development of test questions for the online Financial Crime Investigation course.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Nur-Sultan, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-nur-sultan
Tasks and Responsibilities
Prepare 110 test questions (with four possible answers for each question) for the following modules of the Financial Crime Investigation course:
- National Anti-Money Laundering System and Mutual Evaluation (30 questions);
- Highest risks of money laundering and terrorist financing (30 questions);
- The role and capabilities of the Financial Investigation Unit (FIU). National and international interagency cooperation between FIUs (40 questions);
- Parallel financial investigations (10 questions).
- Higher education in law, finance, economics or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of AML/CFT;
- Solid knowledge of the money laundering and terrorist financing risk assessment in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Solid knowledge of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On combating the legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime and the financing of terrorism."
- Solid knowledge of the FATF 40 Recommendations;
- Excellent skills in written and spoken Russian or Kazakh language.
- Certified mutual evaluation assessor (FATF/EAG);
- Participation in the FATF/EAG mutual evaluations.
Duration of the consultancy: 1 month
Remuneration will depend on the selected consultants/experts qualifications and experience and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
This position is for Kazakhstan nationals and permanent residents of Kazakhstan only
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
If you are not a national of a participating State, you must apply by submitting an offline application form which can be found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE.