A New Recruitment Platform is coming soon! Find out more how it will enhance your OSCE Talent Acquisition Experience
“Improving Ukraine’s Regulatory System on Chemical Safety and Security” Project
The OSCE PCU is currently implementing the “Improving Ukraine’s Regulatory System on Chemical Safety and Security” Project with a view to reduce potential risks of harm to population and environment posed by the hazardous chemical substances and prevent unauthorized access to the toxic substances.
In partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine (MinEconomy, former Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine), Technical Regulations “On safe and secure management of chemical products” and “On classification and labelling of hazardous chemical substances” are being developed in alignment with the EU Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH) and the Regulation No (EC) 1272/2008 (CLP) respectively.
Discussion of the first drafts of Technical Regulations at international consultative workshop revealed that for their successful enforcement and administration, adoption of a number of international standards (ISO, OECD TG, NF T, ASTM D) on testing physical and toxicological properties of chemical substances into national system of standards (DSTU) is required. The OSCE PCU therefore requires the services of the Experts to develop national standards on testing chemical substances.
Please note that this is a consultancy assignment of approximately 30 working days. The experts will be required to work from home with the ability to travel if necessary.
In close co-ordination with the OSCE PCU Project Management Team and leading expert, the selected experts are expected to:
• develop draft national standards harmonized with EN ISO 3405, EN ISO 3924, ISO 2719:2016, EN 16143, EN 417, ISO 10156;
• participate in co-ordination meetings with technical committees, OSCE PCU Project Management Team and other experts, when required;
• present the developed standards at working group meetings and workshops;
• collect feedback;
• revise the standards if required.
• university degree in chemistry, ecology or related area;
• minimum 2 years of professional experience in the sphere of chemistry, chemicals management, oil industry or ecology;
• experience in the development of national standards, deep understanding of national standardization process;
• previous participation in technical committees would be an asset;
• professional knowledge of Ukrainian, excellent drafting skills. Working knowledge of English will be an advantage;
• communicational skills, ability to work in a team;
• computer literacy.
According to the PCU consultancy fees guidelines.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00590. The deadline for applications is 24 November 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy or you may use the OSCE's off-line Application Form available at https://jobs.osce.org/uk/resources/document/anketa-na-vakansiyu; you should complete the Application Form and send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position on the Application Form and in the cover message subject. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.