Under the OSCE Presence in Albania (hereinafter the Presence) Extra-budgetary Project “Action Against Human Trafficking in Albania”, funded by UNICEF with the support of the United Kingdom, the Presence will conduct the first Albanian language anti-trafficking simulation-based training exercise, with in-house expertise and lead of the OSCE Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (OSR/CTHB). This training promotes an innovative approach to capacity building, whereby anti-trafficking practitioners engage in real-time simulated scenarios to identify and investigate human trafficking. During the training activities, practitioners from Albanian law enforcement, judiciary, labour inspection, migration authorities, NGOs as well as lawyers and human rights defenders will work in teams to investigate simulated cases of labour and sexual exploitation among migrants, including child victims of trafficking. The exercises will be built on realistic, expert-developed scenarios, based on the well-established design of previous exercise conducted by the OSR/CTHB. This training exercise envisages the following activities:
- Development of training scripts focusing on a two-step learning tool which will encompass (a) lectures and (b) a set of role plays for a multi-agency group of participants from interested participating States.
- Implementation of a simulation-based training exercise in Albanian language comprising role plays based on the developed scripts’
- Development of a Handbook for the Albanian that illustrates all the steps in carrying out a simulation-based anti-trafficking training, which will guide the Albanian institutions in carrying this training format independently.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The OSCE Presence in Albania would like to engage, from May-November 2020, the services of a national expert/practitioner with specific expertise in providing NGO-run services to presumed and identified victims of trafficking, to provide expertise during the design of the scripts and delivery of the simulation based training exercise in Albania.
More specifically, the expert will:
• Participate in the 2-day Training of Trainers (ToT) session;
• Develop and/or update and consolidate the project simulation exercise matrices in Albanian language (new actions and new injections) taking into account material already developed for the international simulations;
• In coordination with the Project Manager, the OSR/CTHB and the practitioners, provide written feedback to the OSCE Presence on the profiles and roles of victims and traffickers for each action and injection foreseen in each simulation storyline, based on a format developed by the Presence;
• Provide written feedback to the Direction of Exercise “DIREX” team of the simulation including the injections and reaction for trainees to carry out activities support to presumed and identified trafficked persons, working for a fictitious NGO created for the purpose of the simulation; Interact with professionals of other agencies involved in the simulation exercise (law enforcement agencies and judiciary authorities, labour inspectorates, municipal social services, international organizations, trade unions etc.);
• Participate in monthly meetings with the “DIREX” team (social services, law enforcement agencies and prosecution authorities, labour inspectorates) to provide suggestions on the storylines, profiles, injections;
• Provide to the Presence a list of the documents useful for the practitioners, including templates for preliminary information requests, templates for interviews and templates for social inclusion, direct assistance, access to heath service providers, NGO-run shelters standards, etc.;
• Synchronize the storylines provided by the OSCE, identify the staff temporarily unemployed (according to the matrices) and develop case studies and exercises to keep them busy;
• Provide in writing a list of the available NGO-run social services in Albania, tailored for adult and children victims of trafficking children in street situations, children in conflict with the law, irregular migrants, asylum seekers; provide a written list of the health care services for presumed and identified victims of trafficking;
• Coordinate as member of the DIREX the activities of Civil Society (NGO) of Trainees ensuring strategic planning and the performance of the tasks of the NGO in accordance with the principles of the victim’s centred approach. Ensure to monitor the efficient use of the NGO resources and according to the available equipment and staff;
• Co-prepare and conduct the simulation based training in October 2020 and provide all administrative support in the injections of matrices needed to encourage trainees of the NGO-run social services to provide high-quality assistance to presumed and identified trafficked persons, including psychological and social support, access to safe accommodation, access to medical care, financial and legal assistance, vocational guidance and access to training and job placement activities;
• Encourage trainees of the NGO to provide high-quality assistance to presumed and identified trafficked persons, including psychological and social support, access to safe accommodation, access to medical care, financial and legal assistance, vocational guidance and access to training and job placement activities;
• Monitor the application of special legal provisions for presumed and identified victims of trafficking should the case requires, apply corrective extra injections based on instructions given by the Execution Controller (EXCON) Chief and deputy Chief; monitor and analyse the application of social support and assistance to victims of trafficking developed by practitioners and support the definition of strategies in co-operation with other members of the DIREX;
The expert will collaborate closely with the Presence National Anti-Trafficking Officer, the OSR/CTHB and the ”DIREX” team to ensure the scripts and training materials provided are relevant and reflective of the training needs/requirements.
Deliverable and Timetable:
1. Provide written feedback on: - the profiles and roles of victims and traffickers for each action and injection foreseen in each simulation storyline, based on a format developed by the Presence; - a list of the documents useful for the practitioners, including templates for preliminary information requests, templates for interviews and templates for social inclusion, direct assistance, access to heath service providers, etc.; - Provide in writing a list and detailed description of the available NGO-run social services in Albania, tailored for adult and children victims of trafficking children in street situations, children in conflict with the law, irregular migrants, asylum seekers; provide a written list of the health care services for presumed and identified victims of trafficking; By 30 May 2020
2. Participate in monthly meetings with the “DIREX” team (NGO, law enforcement agencies and prosecution authorities, labour inspectorates,) to provide suggestions on the storylines, profiles, injections; (May – October 2020)
3. Synchronize the storylines provided by the OSCE;(By 30 June 2020)
4. Coordinate and oversee the simulation-based training exercise in Albania, focusing on NGO-services Unit responsible for the assistance to victims of trafficking; (by October 2020).
5. Final evaluation report in Albanian with an overall analysis of NGO-run assistance to victims of trafficking in the simulation and with recommendations to be given to anti-trafficking stakeholders in Albania and to be included in the Handbook; (by 30 November 2020)
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience as NGO-run social services expert in a national or local government administration providing support to presumed and identified victims of trafficking;
• Proven experience in providing trafficked persons’ support such as victims’ assistance grants, certification and eligibility letters, granting trafficked persons access to medical, mental and legal services, monetary assistance, employment, state protection, social inclusion services and any other victims’ services provided by the local or national administration;
• Experience working in multi-agency frameworks, as well as co-operation with the law enforcement authorities, labour inspectors, lawyers and any other expert/official involved in anti-trafficking activities; working knowledge of case management; interviewing experience;
• Experience in managing cases of victims of trafficking in the framework of NGO-run services, handling confidential information; very good communication skills; analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in social policies and interventions in trafficking in human beings and related areas such as migration, human rights and gender;
• In-depth knowledge of THB, especially knowledge and understanding of elements of identification and assistance with due focus on victim rights;
• Strong analytical ability;
• Prior experience of preparing reports or publications on related issues in Albanian language.
The payment will be done according to OSCE consultants remuneration scale..
All applications are due by 11 April 2020. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Due to the current unpredictable situation, the start date may probably be revised according to the daily and rapidly evolving situation.