Under the OSCE Presence in Albania (hereinafter the Presence) Extra-budgetary Project “Action Against Human Trafficking in Albania”, funded by UNICEF with the support of the United Kingdom, the Presence will conduct the first Albanian language anti-trafficking simulation-based training exercise, with in-house expertise and lead of the OSCE Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (OSR/CTHB). This training promotes an innovative approach to capacity building, whereby anti-trafficking practitioners engage in real-time simulated scenarios to identify and investigate human trafficking. During the training activities, practitioners from Albanian law enforcement, judiciary, labour inspection, migration authorities, NGOs as well as lawyers and human rights defenders will work in teams to investigate simulated cases of labour and sexual exploitation among migrants, including child victims of trafficking. The exercises will be built on realistic, expert-developed scenarios, based on the well-established design of previous exercise conducted by the OSR/CTHB. This training exercise envisages the following activities:
- Development of training scripts focusing on a two-step learning tool which will encompass (a) lectures and (b) a set of role plays for a multi-agency group of participants from interested participating States;
- Implementation of a simulation-based training exercise in Albanian language comprising role plays based on the developed scripts’
- Development of a Handbook for the Albanian that illustrates all the steps in carrying out a simulation-based anti-trafficking training, which will guide the Albanian institutions in carrying this training format independently.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The OSCE Presence in Albania would like to engage the services of a national expert/practitioner with specific expertise in the labour inspection, to provide technical expertise during the design and delivery of the simulation based training exercise in Albania.
More specifically, the expert will:
• Participate in the 2-day Training of Trainers (ToT) session;
• Contribute in updating and consolidating the project simulation exercise matrices in Albanian language (new actions and new injections) taking into account material already developed for the international simulations;
• In coordination with the Project Manager, the OSR/CTHB and the practitioners, provide written feedback to the OSCE Presence on the profiles and roles of victims and traffickers for each action and injection foreseen in each simulation storyline, based on a format developed by the Presence;
• Provide support in the detailed description (and reconstruction) of the crime scenes including the environment where traffickers and victims live as well as the places of labour exploitation and the detailed descriptions of the sources of evidence to be found on the spot by the trainees;
• Participate in monthly meetings with the “DIREX” team and interact with professionals of other agencies involved in the simulation exercise (NGO, prosecution, labour inspectorates, international organizations, trade unions etc.) to provide suggestions on the storylines, profiles, injections;
• Provide input for the matrices regarding the pro-active inspections in co-operation with the criminal investigation unit investigating human trafficking for the purpose of labour exploitation;
• Support the development of the documents necessary to the Direction of Exercise “DIREX” team of the simulation exercise: inspection reports, information from databases, information on cases and procedures followed, information on the labour legislation, cases of inspection based on the guidelines followed.
• Support in developing the documents useful for trainees, including templates for preliminary information requests, requests for specific inspections, templates for interviews and templates inspections;
• Coordinate as member of the DIREX the activities of the group of the Labour Inspection Unit, ensuring strategic planning and the performance of the tasks in accordance with the principles of legality and proportionality. Ensure to monitor the efficient use of the resources and equipment according to the available equipment and staff;
• Coordinate as member of the “DIREX” the Labour Inspection Unit, with the aim to identify trafficking victims and provide information to the Criminal Investigation Unit.
• Provide support in preparing and conducting of the simulation based training and provide administrative support in the injections of matrices needed; monitor the application of the Albanian Labour legislation and should the case requires, apply corrective extra injections; monitor and analyse the labour inspections developed by trainees and support the definition of strategies in co-operation with other members of DIREX;
• Provide input for the final evaluation report with an overall analysis of the simulation based training, focusing on the aspects of labor inspection’ component in the simulation and with recommendations to be given to anti-trafficking stakeholders in Albania and to be included in the final handbook.
The expert will collaborate closely with the Presence National Anti-Trafficking Officer, the OSR/CTHB, the international experts and scripts writers to ensure the scripts and training materials provided are relevant and reflective of the training needs/requirements based on the Albanian context.
Deliverables and Timetable:
1. Provide written feedback on: the profiles and roles of victims and traffickers (labour exploitation) for each action and injection foreseen in each simulation storyline, based on a format developed by the Presence; • Inspection reports, information from databases, information on cases and procedures followed, information on the labour legislation, cases of inspection based on the guidelines followed. • Templates for preliminary information requests, requests for specific inspections, templates for interviews and templates inspections; (by 30 May 2020).
2. Participate in monthly meetings with the “DIREX” team (NGO, law enforcement agencies and prosecution authorities, labour inspectorates,) to provide suggestions on the storylines, profiles, injections; (by May – October 2020)
3. Synchronize the storylines provided by the OSCE; (by 30 June 2020)
4. Coordinate and oversee the simulation-based training exercise in Albania, focusing on the labour inspection aspects; (by October 2020).
5. Provide a final evaluation report of 2 pages in Albanian with an overall analysis of the labour inspection aspects and with recommendations to be given to anti-trafficking stakeholders in Albania and to be included in the Handbook; (by 30 November 2020)
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in designing and delivering labour inspections;
• Knowledge of the relevant international and national legal framework; capacity to analyse and develop data emerged from the inspections to make them usable from an investigative point of view;
• In-depth knowledge of the Albanian labour legislation and legal framework for the multi-agency co-operation channels, the referral mechanisms and the protocols of territorial intervention;
• Strong analytical ability;
• Ability to work in high-pressure environments;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Flexible approach to work in a multi-agency environment;
The payment will be done according to OSCE consultants remuneration scale.
All applications are due by 11 April 2020. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Due to the current unpredictable situation, the start date may probably be revised according to the daily and rapidly evolving situation.