As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The mandate of the OSCE Presence in Albania is to promote democratization, the rule of law, and human rights as well as to consolidate democratic institutions in line with OSCE principles, standards and commitments. Originally established in 1997, today, the Presence’s activities range from arms control and the fight against trafficking to electoral assistance; anti-corruption initiatives; gender mainstreaming and environmental projects; human rights protection; legislative, judicial, and media reform; and the capacity-building of law enforcement officials.
A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for National Election Legal Officer (NP1), in the Democratization Department.
Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the supervision of the National Electoral Reform Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Participates in the drafting of revisions for the election legislation;
2. Contributes to project identification, development and planning, as well implementation and evaluation;
3. Observes election-related trials and election administration proceedings and reports to the National Electoral Reform Officer, or to any other Presence staff as needed, on developments in electoral jurisprudence
4. Provides support for the National Electoral Reform Officer and replacing him/her in that person’s absence;
5. Provides rapid analysis on legal issues arising during the election process;
6. Provides training on legal issues related to elections.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• University degree in law;
• Minimum two years experience from one or more of the following; public administration, international and/or civil society organizations, legal research or “think tanks”;
• Familiarity with Albanian legislative process;
• Project drafting and management experience;
• Excellent drafting ability in English with strong analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Ability to work well under time pressure.
• Ability to represent the Organization well at meetings and other outside events.
• Strong computer and word processing skills.
• Readiness to accept additional duties.
• Excellent written and spoken English and local language.
• Must be Albanian resident
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1535 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 28 January 2020. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.