As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
NOTE: This is a consultancy assignment with an expected duration of approximately 5 working days.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
The Mission supports BiH authorities in advancing governance related to combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism, in line with the OSCE Declaration on Strengthening Good Governance and Combatting Corruption, Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism, and the OSCE Ministerial Council Decision on Strengthening Good Governance and Promoting Connectivity.
On 24 February 2021, BiH Council of Ministers (CoM) adopted a Decision on the establishment of a Working Group to draft an amendment to the National Risk Assessment on Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in BiH (NRA) for the period 2021-2023 and the accompanying AP. The objective of the National Risk Assessment on Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism is to identify the main areas of risk for money laundering/terrorist financing activities in BiH based on the best available data and information.
The Mission is seeking to engage a National Consultant to effectively support the work of the Working Group and its eight subgroups by developing a methodological tool, i.e. report outline.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the OSCE Mission to BiH Chief of Counter-terrorism and P/C VERLT, and in close co-ordination and consultation with the Chief of Department for Organized Crime and Corruption of the BiH Ministry of Security, should you be selected for the position, you will be responsible for:
1. Preparing and developing a document on means of communication with the Working Group and the thematic sub-groups:
- Schedule and number of meetings of the main Working group and sub-groups;
- Meetings among sub-groups and main Working Group;
- Timeline of submission of written products;
- Storing of info on dedicated folder on cloud;
- Creation of dedicated e-mail account;
2. Developing a report outline:
- applying specific requirements stemming from the World Bank methodology;
- containing the main headings and subheadings;
- providing specific instructions for the members of the WG and thematic sub-groups as pertains to specific content and length of inputs, in line with the OECD Style Guide. Prepare the abovementioned in line with the OECD Style Guide;
3. Compiling a list of documents and other information necessary for task completion;
4. Submitting a brief report on conducted activities upon task completion.
- Document on means of communication with the Working Group and thematic sub-groups (see section 4 for related performance indicators);
- Report outline (see section 4 for related performance indicators);
- List of documents and other information necessary for task completion;
- Brief report on conducted activities upon task completion.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-Herzegovina.
- Advanced university degree in political science, criminal justice, European studies or related field;
- Minimum six (6) years of professional experience in conducting research and assessments in various fields, with an emphasis on good governance in the sector;
- Distinct analytical and problem-solving capacity, with experience in developing policy papers, position papers, and analytical reports;
- Extensive experience working with governmental institutions on institutional and organizational matters, including on the principles of good governance and related international standards;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively present complex and/or sensitive topics and messages to target audiences;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BiH political context and circumstances;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local language.
Remuneration will depend on the selected consultant’s qualifications and experience and be in accordance with OSCE established rates.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.