NOTE: This is a consultancy assignment with an expected duration of approximately 30 working days.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
One of key areas of the Human Dimension Department (HDD) engagement, fight against corruption, encompasses providing support to all levels of authorities in development and introduction of measures and tools which seek to enhance transparency and thus prevent corruption. One of HDD focuses in this regard has been introduction of Information-Communication Technologies (ICT) in prevention of corruption.
In line with adopted strategic documents (Strategy for fight against corruption and respective Action Plan) and with Democratic Governance Section (DGS) Sarajevo Zone Unit (SZU) support, CS Office for Fight against Corruption (AC Office) developed AntikorupiKS online platform (consisted of three modules) to digitalize the processes in the field of prevention of corruption in Canton Sarajevo. Within the Module 1, the AC Office developed online Registries, which will contribute to a more transparent official appointment process and strengthen the integrity, objectivity, and impartiality of officials occupying public functions, further strengthening citizens’ confidence in the Canton’s institutions. After successful implementation of Module 1, with the Mission support, the AC Office started development of Module 2 in July 2020. During the February and March 2021, the AC Office finalized Registry of Public Procurement, which will enable monitoring of public procurement procedures in institutions and companies of Canton Sarajevo.
The Mission is seeking to engage a very experienced IT Expert/Web Software Developer in .Net to continue development of web application for public Registries, to improve and maintain AC Office web page and AntikorupiKS online platform. Moreover, the IT consultant must be willing to go through security check by the Office for Fight against Corruption and Canton Sarajevo Ministry of Interior due to handling with sensitive data.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As the IT Expert/Web Software Developer, you will perform the following tasks:
1. Familiarizing with the objective of the Terms of Reference;
2. Developing web applications/software for planed external/online Registries within AntikorupiKS online platform using .Net other relevant software;
3. Improving and upgrading AntikorupiKS online platform;
4. Closely co-ordinating with FileMaker Developer in order to connect internal databases with the Registries that will be available on the web page for the public;
5. Assisting in data entry and data harmonization;
6. Testing of the system from the point of the security and functionality;
7. Assisting in the launch of the public Registries and making additional adjustments if necessary;
8. Conducting trainings for the AC Office employees who will operate AntikorupiKS online platform as well as contacting persons within cantonal administration and institutions;
9. Performing others duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- First-level university degree;
- Extensive knowledge on the topic and minimum 8 years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency in .Net and other web development software;
- Experience in development of software and web applications;
- Familiarity of the BiH governance system;
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment on multiple projects at once;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex or sensitive topics in a clear and understandable manner;
- Innovative thinker.
Remuneration will depend on the selected consultant’s qualifications and experience and be in accordance with OSCE established rates.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.