A vacancy has arisen in the Headquarters of the OSCE Presence in Albania for a National Community Safety Officer (NP1) within the Security Co-operation Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general guidance of the Head of the Security Co-operation Department the incumbent is responsible for the implementation, promotion and realisation of the Presence Community Safety and Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Policies. The National Officer’s role is:
1. Researches, develops and implements the Presence's Community Safety and Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Policies and projects;
2. Carries out research and prepares written analysis and reports on Community Safety and CVE to be sent through the Head of Department to the Head of Presence;
3. Under the guidance of the Head of Department and his/her colleagues in the department identifies, drafts, implements and evaluates appropriate, relevant and coordinated LIB and XB projects.
4. Advises the Head of Security Cooperation Department on Community Safety and CVE issues as affects the implementation of national Community Policing and CVE Strategies and Action Plans.
5. Reviews relevant legislation and then on the advice of the Head of Security Cooperation Department relays the views and comments of the Department to the relevant national and/or international interlocutors;
6. Is responsible for establishing, maintaining and extending a working network in cooperation with various international partner organisations and institutions on all Community Safety and CVE related issues pertaining to the development of best international practices.
7. Provides input for national and international Community Safety and CVE workshops, seminars and conferences as required;
8. The incumbent may organise and co-organise training for middle management and will assist the beneficiaries of trainings and activities to work in cooperation with the international community.
9. Attends events and represents the Organization in events related to Community safety.
10. Facilitates and sets initiatives for organising national and international meetings between relevant authorities at corresponding levels of command and where necessary equivalent military authorities;
Qualifications and Skills:
1. First level university degree in international affairs, international law, political sciences, social sciences or security Studies.
2. At least 2 years of professional experience directly related to community safety policy and local engagement;
3. Experience in multi-lateral affairs, project coordination and implementation is highly desirable;
4. Familiarity with concepts and capacity building in the area of countering and preventing violent extremism is highly desirable;
5. Proven organisational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
6. Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications;
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local language;
8. Holding a valid driving license;
9. Must be an Albanian resident;
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration is approximately 1,401 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3, subject to specific conditions.
All applications are due by 29 March 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's on line application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.