Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, General Services Division, the incumbent will be performing the following:
- Coordinates the planning, designing, scheduling maintenance, construction and renovation projects in the building management field;
- Responsible for the management, maintenance and repair of technical installations and building constructions in the OSCE mission area, i.e. heating, main power, transformers, internal electrical distribution systems and secondary generated electrical power;
- Assists the supervisor in planning, designing and scheduling the renovation of building constructions and technical installations systems for construction projects;
- Establishes concepts for office space allocation at all facilities within the Mission area of operations based on an inventory of available floor space, size of rooms and number of occupants; draws office layouts in accordance with accepted norms; briefs the staff of Building Management Section (BMS) and Logistics (Supply and Transport Units) on how to implement relocations of staff, furniture and equipment;
- Is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the provision of all utilities to the Mission’s facilities by municipalities and private contractors;
- Maintains daily contract with contractors and decides on minor technical deviations from contractual provisions;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- First-level university degree in technical fields (electrical, mechanic, civil engineering or architecture).
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience, as a registered, licensed contractor combined with demonstrated knowledge of civil or mechanical engineering and building maintenance preferably acquired in an international or mission environment;
- Proven ability to programme a number of projects simultaneously using the critical path method enabling resource levelling of manpower, materials and equipment.;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages, CAD computer system;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local languages
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religious and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrates gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid Driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,784.67 EUR/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at https://jobs.osce.org/
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org with vacancy number quoted in the title. Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.