As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
NOTE: Please attach maximum two (2) examples that would demonstrate your writing skills. Examples should be no longer than 3-4 pages each (excerpts from larger documents are acceptable) and should have been researched and written by you personally. Public documents are preferred. The submitted documents will be kept confidential.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under the overall supervision of the National Chief, Education, should you be selected for this position, you will analyse domestic and international developments in the area of education pertaining to the work of the Mission. You will be responsible for providing consistent and detailed inputs and advice on the substantive issues in which the Education Section engages. Within the scope of your duties, you will monitor education activities relating to the Section’s engagement in education through the examination of the media, thematic and standard reports of international organizations, institutions and NGOs, as well as the internal reports of the Mission. Resulting data from these monitoring activities will form the basis of systematic policy advice to be provided to the National Chief, Education. You will also undertake and manage both routine and ad-hoc tasks relating to the public information and reporting requirements of the Education Section. It is expected that you will resolve problems related to everyday work at your level, seeking higher level support only when necessary.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Should you be selected for the position, you will perform the follwing duties:
1. Analyzing educational trends in BiH and the region, with a particular focus on issues affecting activities of the Education Section, through monitoring and reviewing reports issued by the media, domestic and international organizations, institutions and NGOs engaged in education, including through consultation and coordination with other Section staff as needed;
2. Drafting policy documents and reports for internal and external distribution, ensuring that material submitted for clearance is consistent with the Section and Department’s objectives and the Mission’s mandate based on data gathered by the Education Section staff in the Field, as well as other available sources;
3. Drafting background material for internal and external meetings of Mission Senior Staff related to education, including, talking points, speeches, briefing packages and policy messages;
4. Co-ordinating closely and effectively with other Section Staff , relating specifically to latest educational developments, as well as regular update of the Section’s general education database, through telephone conversations; meetings; email; formal written correspondence (which the incumbent drafts for consideration by the National Chief, Education);
5. Serving as a focal point within the Education Section on all issues related to internal and external reporting, through in-person and telephone/email communications;
6. Alerting and advising the National Chief, Education on any issues that could require a response or action by the Section, and prepares regular and ad-hoc reports on identified educational trends;
7. Supervising and co-ordinatingtasks of the National Programme Officer, Education based in Head Office Sarajevo;
8. Performing other duties as assigned.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,563.67 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under online application system . Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.