Skip to main content
As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
Under the direct supervision of the National Planning and Coordination Officer and overall supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration, the incumbent is responsible for efficient administration of FAU functions in the field, ensuring quality and integrity of the FAU service delivery in his/her AoR and consistency in application of the OSCE Regulatory Framework. The incumbent will be the main point of contact between the FAU and Mission programmatic staff in the field. Through the supervision of FAU staff in the field and in consultation with relevant FAU Section Chiefs, the incumbent will be responsible for effective coordination and execution of all administrative and operational assignments within the Office, providing guidance and support in efficient management of their field offices.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supporting National Planning and Coordination Officer in ensuring effective, efficient and consistent FAU service delivery in the field;
- Playing a key role in establishment and maintenance of effective and reliable relationship with the programmatic staff in the field, by providing professional customer-oriented service in a functional working environment and ensuring compliance with the OSCE Regulatory Framework;
- Supporting the Head of Field Office in building and sustaining workplace integrity and fostering ethical and respectful office environment;
- Incumbent will be responsible for effective work prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands;
- Following through on decisions made by the Office of Central Coordination to enhance coordination, monitoring and evaluation capacities at the field level;
- Acting as an FAU focal point for all administrative and operational issues in the field;
- Providing guidance, advice and clarifications on OSCE Regulations and Rules and internal Mission policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance;
- Incumbent will be responsible for overall administrative, operational and office management activities in the Office in collaboration with relevant FAU Section Chiefs and in accordance with the overall FAU priorities;
- Incumbent will be the focal point for all operational and logistical matters pertaining to the Office to include: reviewing adequacy and allocation of office space requirements and assisting in negotiating all office space rental agreements; managing maintenance and repair of office premises and equipment; responsible for the maintenance of accurate inventory of all Mission equipment in the AoR; managing efficient and effective use of assigned assets and supplies; managing mail distribution system within the office and externally; ensuring efficient and effective use of transport resources and maintaining the vehicle fleet allocated to the AoR in a good operational condition;
- Supporting field programmatic staff in planning and implementation of projects and events they are organizing from programme idea to payment to include clear communication of requirements, negotiating with suppliers, following through event organisation and evaluating feedback and lessons learned;
- Incumbent will effectively coordinate actions related to the administration of financial and human resource activities by providing first level administrative guidance to field office personnel to ensure consistent and uniform approach to FAU service delivery in the field and adequate application of internal control systems;
- Implementing HO ICT priorities and requests in the field to include identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment and ensures smooth and continuous running of all IT and communications operations in the office;
- Supervising and coordinating the work of administrative staff assigned to the Office;
- Acting as a focal point for security matters pertaining to the AoR and through coordination with the Chief of Security holds responsibility for maintaining and updating relevant security documents, physical security and access control to the OSCE premises and safety and security of personnel deployed to his/her AoR;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- University degree from a recognized university in business administration/finance or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in providing technical advice, coordination and communication, preferably in an international setting. At least two years of experience in general administration;
- Analytical skills and ability to synthesize wide range of information;
- Good communication and public relation skills. Tact in all dealings;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment;
- High degree of initiative and an aptitude for financial tasks and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local language;
- Ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,164.50 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open only to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
You can not apply to this vacancy anymore.
Sorry, the application deadline for this vacancy has expired.