The Presence seeks to assess and improve the length of court proceedings in Albania. In the context of the Justice Without Delays Project, the Presence will prepare a study containing statistical information and analysis on the length of the proceedings and causes of postponements in the Albanian district courts. This study will also provide good examples from the courts which have reached progress in efficiency of court proceedings, will analyse the data, draw conclusions and recommend improvements or follow up actions when necessary. As part of the study, one expert in the field of statistics will be hired to prepare a Nation-wide Courts Statistical Report containing statistical information.
Objective: The Presence’s Rule of Law and Human Rights Department is looking for a statistician expert who will prepare a Nation-wide Courts Statistical Report.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The consultant under the guidance of the Presence’s point of contact will be expected to:
1- Participate in a preparatory briefing meeting with the Presence’s point of contact to discuss about the content of the Nation-wide Courts Statistical Report.
2- Based on data provided by the Presence, prepare the Nation-wide Courts Statistical Report in the Albanian language, which will consist of:
a. Examine the Presence’s provided data pertaining to individual courts;
b. A detailed compilation of length of proceedings in all the courts;
c. Presentation of unproductivity of hearings in all the courts;
d. Elaboration and grouping of causes of postponements of hearings.
e. Other related data which influence the progress of cases.
f. The report shall contain graphs, figures and narrative to interpret them.
g. The report shall also contain elaborated and segregated data as per Presence’s request.
h. The report will be submitted in a Word format, but complemented with all elaborated data in Excel or any other program utilized by the expert.
• Deliver a first draft of the Nation-wide Courts Statistical Report on 5 August 2019 to the Presence’s point of contact.
• Reflect by 12 August 2019 comments provided by the Presence and submit a revised version of the Report by 19 August 2019.
Training and Education
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum three years of diversified experience in the field of conducting statistical research and collection, collation, and analysis of data, gathered from a variety of areas, fields of activity and with different settings.
• Previous knowledge in conducting assessments of the court proceedings in Albania judicial system would be considered as an asset;
• Excellent communication and drafting skills in Albanian;
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel.
• Gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate gender perspective into tasks and activities ;
• Actively contributes to achieving the purpose of the assignment ;
• Ability to have clear and transparent communication with the project staff and collaborators.
The payment for this consultancy will be 1,000 Euro payable upon submission of the final version of the Nation-wide Data Report, cleared by the point of contact of the OSCE Presence in Albania.
How to Apply
All applications are due by 25 July 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertisethevacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with modified Terms of Reference or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.