Two vacancies have arisen in the Headquarters of the OSCE Presence in Albania for two Legal Assistants (G5), at the Rule of Law and Human Right Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbents will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Legal Officer and will also assist other members of the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department as required. The objective of the post is mainly oriented toward providing assistance in implementing project activities, drafting reports and legal analysis pertaining to justice reform. The Legal Assistant's role includes:
1. Collects and analyses information on events that have legal implications and reports accordingly;
2. Assists Senior Legal Officer in drafting project related documents (i.e. project proposal, monitoring reports, evaluation reports, etc.)
3. Manages implementation of specific project activities assigned by Senior Legal Officer and performs administrative and logistical tasks to enable implementation of project activities;
4. Conducts research and drafts memos, opinions and reports on legal issues;
5. Assists Senior Legal Officer in preparing regular internal reports and conducting programme planning activities;
6. Maintains liaison with authorities and institutions subject to programmatic activities undertaken by the Department;
7. Distributes, files and archives documents within the Department;
8. Organizes and attends the meetings and drafts written summaries (minutes) of meetings;
9. Provides administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the supervisor and other members of the Department as necessary.
10. Provides interpretation and translation services to the supervisor and other members of the Department, as necessary
11. Organizes meetings and training seminars in the context of project activities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Secondary education supplemented by specialized studies in secretarial, administrative, Languages or law or political sciences.
• At least five years of previous work experience, preferably in either a central or local governmental institution or judicial institution.
• Previous experience working with international organization is desirable.
• Knowledge of project implementation, project cycle and project monitoring.
• Strong analytical skills
• Translation and interpreting abilities in English-Albanian and vice versa.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in Albanian.
• Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications, in particular MS Office (Excel, Windows, Powerpoint).
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
• Basic knowledge about gender mainstreaming.
• Must be an Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 823 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3, subject to specific conditions.
All applications are due by 24 March 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.