The incumbent provides, legal programmatic, language interpretation, secretarial and clerical assistance in the Rule of Law Project of the Human Dimension Department.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Researches and prepares background information to queries from programmatic personnel in the Rule of Law Project of the Human Dimension Department;
- Reviews and analyses legal documents, legislation, and data obtained in programmatic activities and drafts summaries, updates or reports based on this information and analysis or in cooperation with the Department staff;
- Assists Head of Rule of Law and/or Legal Advisers in reporting and in the monitoring of programme implementation;
- Attends meetings and roundtables in the capacity of a representative of the Human Dimension Department as necessary, and writes reports on such meetings;
- When required, communicates with relevant justice sector interlocutors, other international organisations, and civil society;
- Translates texts and document of various kinds (legal texts including laws, decrees, court documents, administrative decisions; incoming and outgoing official and formal communication);
- Provides interpretation services from/into local language/English, during meetings, conferences, seminars, round table meetings, etc.;
- Drafts correspondence in English and local language; prepares summaries of relevant documents, helps with various administrative duties;
- Assists in the planning and preparation of programmatic meetings, roundtables and other events;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Completed secondary education supplemented by formal training in office work, languages or Law/ or Social science; Minimum 4 years of office work or translation/interpretation experience with an established basic knowledge of domestic and international human rights standards and legislation, the rule of law, judicial reform, and judicial institutions; Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages; Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local language.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply:
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.