As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Legal Assistant (G5) within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Legal Officer and performs the following duties:
1. Collects and analyses information on events that have legal implications and reports accordingly;
2. Assists Senior Legal Officer in drafting project related documents (i.e. project proposal, monitoring reports, evaluation reports, etc.)
3. Manages implementation of specific project activities assigned by Senior Legal Officer and performs administrative and logistical tasks to enable implementation of project activities;
4. Conducts research and drafts memos, opinions and reports on legal issues;
5. Maintains liaison with authorities and institutions subject to programmatic activities undertaken by the Department;
6. Distributes, files and archives documents within the Department;
7. Organizes and attends the meetings and drafts written summaries (minutes) of meetings;
8. Provides administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the supervisor and other members of the Department as necessary.
9. Provides interpretation and translation services to the supervisor and other members of the Department, as necessary;
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Secondary education supplemented by specialized studies in secretarial, administrative, Languages or law or political sciences;
2. At least four years of previous work experience, preferably in either a central or local governmental institution or judicial institution.
3. Previous experience working with international organization is desirable.
4. Knowledge of project implementation, project cycle and project monitoring.
5. Strong analytical skills
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in Albanian. Translation and interpreting abilities in English-Albanian and vice versa.
7. Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications, in particular MS Office (Excel, Windows, Powerpoint).
9. Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
10. Basic knowledge about gender mainstreaming.
11. Must be Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration for G5 is approximately 836.81 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions as per Albanian Law. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 21 November 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question, kindly send a message to: email@example.com.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.