A vacancy has arisen in the Headquarters of the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Legal Assistant (G5) within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Legal Officer. The incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Gathers and analyses information on events that have legal implications relevant to the Presence’s mandate and reports accordingly;
2. Supports the supervisor in drafting, implementing and supervising projects run by the Department;
3. Observes trials under the direction of the supervisor and other members of the Department;
4. Collects information, conducts documentary research and drafts documents and reports on legal and human rights issues;
5. Provides interpretation and translation services to the supervisor and other members of the Department as necessary;
6. Organizes meetings, conferences and seminars as required by the supervisor and other members of the department as necessary;
7. Provides written summaries (minutes) of meetings;
8. Maintains liaison with authorities and institutions subject to activities undertaken by the Department;
9. Provides administrative, clerical and secretarial support as necessary;
10. Distributes, files and archives documents (including electronic documents) within the department;
11. Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications and Skills:
• Secondary education supplemented by specialized studies in law or political science;
• At least four years of relevant previous work experience;
• Experience in and familiarity with domestic legal system and international organizations;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian, including translation and interpreting abilities;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Must be an Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration for G5 is approximately 836.81 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions as per Albanian Law. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 17 August 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question, kindly send a message to: email@example.com.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.