Vacancy Number VNTURC00129 Job Title Local expert on anti-money laundering / combatting terrorism financing Organization Name OSCE Centre in Ashgabat Background Good governance is a cornerstone for the promotion of stability and security, as well as international partnerships, within the region and across the OSCE area. The Centre supports the Host Government’s efforts in promoting good governance principles and advancing the anti-corruption, anti- money laundering and countering of financing of terrorism (AC/AML/CFT) system, in accordance with the national legislation and the Financial Action Task Force standards. In particular, in 2020, the Centre provided an extended support within the process of national preparation for the Eurasian Group (EAG) Mutual Evaluation, implementation of the Action Plan within the National Risk Assessment Report (NRA) 2016-2018, drafting the NRA 2018-2020 and its Risk Management Action Plan 2020-2022 (RMAP) and further improvement of the national AC/AML/CFT legislation. Moreover, a number of seminars has been organised to advance national capacity in development of national AC/AML/CFT system. In 2021, the Centre will offer continuous assistance to the host country in further promoting GG principles, combatting money-laundering, terrorism financing and corruption, bringing the national legislative system in line with the FATF requirements and strengthening the capacities of relevant financial and law enforcement authorities to implement those extensive requirements. Tasks and Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Centre’s Economic and Environmental Officer (EEO), the consultant will perform the following tasks:
1) Manage Good Governance Resource Centre, located in the premises of the Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan. 2) Provide advisory/consulting services: a) collection, analysing, compilation the information related to the national AC/AML/CFT background (including legal acts and statistics); b) co-ordinating the information exchange between the international/local experts and national stakeholders, assigned for the implementation of relevant tasks; c) processing feedback forms from seminars as well as pre and post-tests evaluation - in the process of detailed planning and implementation of the Centre’s activities in the AC/AML/CFT area, such as:
- 3-day stress-test on “AML/CFT Mutual evaluation”, for the representatives of the MFET), FMS, entities engaged in transactions with cash or other property (reporting entities), law enforcement, regulatory agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) - 2-day workshop on the “International standards and Best practices on countering financing of terrorism and proliferation” for the representatives of MFET, FMS, NGOs, reporting entities, law enforcement, regulatory and other government authorities of Turkmenistan - 2-day seminar “Developing new transparent systems and mechanisms to promote corruption free societies facilitated by broadly accessible digital technologies” - 3-day seminar “Effective good governance in preventing and combatting corruption to promote economic efficiency and favorable business investment climate” - modernization of an IT system and website of the FMMC - Translation of certain sub-laws, drafted with the Centre’s support, from Russian into Turkmen language for further submission to the authorized GoT structures - Revision of relevant legislative AC/AML/CFT acts/by laws.
3) Provide extended expert within the EAG reporting cycle, including: - at final stages of preparations / undergoing the EAG Mutual Evaluation: collection and compilation of the updated information, elaboration of the agenda of the mission / scheduling the meetings with national counterparts, etc. - On the outcomes of the mission: organization of internal meeting/s with governmental and private structures; support to implementation of the recommended tasks, included in the EAG`s AML/CFT Draft Mutual evaluation report, including through assistance in drafting and implementation of the National Action Plan on implementation of the EAG’s recommendations and remarks (EAG NAP).
4) Develop and submit the following reports: - Background reports (on weekly basis, upon availability) to the Centre on recent national developments in the area of GG, including AC/AML/CFT · Interim progress reports (on monthly basis, upon availability) on the activities conducted by the OSCE Centre in co-operation with the Government of Turkmenistan in the area of GG, including AC/AML/CFT areas - Final Progress report, including brief information on all activities conducted by the OSCE Centre in co-operation with the Government of Turkmenistan in the area of GG, including AC/AML/CFT areas during the assignment period as well as recommendations for further work in the area until the end of 2021 within the approved List of projects.
5) Provide regular advisory/consulting services on AC, AML/CFT related issues to the OSCE Centre and national beneficiaries.
6) By the request of the EEO, provide addition support to the Centre in implementation of activities in the AC/AML/CFT area.
The consultant will work in the premises of the Good Governance Resource Centre (at the Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan).
Necessary Qualifications University degree in the fields of Economics, International Relations and/or other relevant areas; Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the AC/AML/CFT field; Knowledge of AC, AML/CFT national legislation and international standards, previous experience of work with international organization in the given areas is a strong asset; Professional fluency in the English, Russian and Turkmen languages, both oral and written.
Remuneration Package Proposed Fee (including breakdown):
1,200 EUR x 5 months = total 6,000 EUR.
Terms of payment:
Payment will be effected in 5 instalments, as follows: in the end of each next month within the period of assignment (upon submission of the monthly progress report).
How To Apply If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note that this vacancy is open only for competition of Turkmenistan citizens. Please note the OSCE is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encourage to apply.