In the framework of mapping community safety in Albanian regions, OSCE PiA contracted a local expert to prepare the methodology, sample and prepare a report for the final product of the mapping survey. In order to complete the survey within this year, the OSCE PiA need to hire interviewers to finish distributing and collecting questionnaires for the region (Qark) of Vlore and Durres.
Task and Responsibilities
The interviewers will:
• Be instructed on how to collect the data and how to approach the interviewees. Local co-ordinators identified in the two regions (Durres and Vlore) by the Ministry of Interior will provide the instructions to interviewers
• Have to randomly select respondents, assuring a mix of age, gender and social status.
• Conduct face to face interviews by standing on the street for the hard-copy versions of the questionnaire or distribute the link of the questionnaire to interviewees who prefer the online version.
• Collect all filled questionnaires (Hard copy) and provide them to the expert or other person designated by the Project Manager.
• The survey is available both hard copy and online
• The interviewers will be instructed on how to collect the data and how to approach the interviewees. Local co-ordinators identified in the two regions (Durres and Vlore) by the Ministry of Interior will provide the instructions to interviewers.
• The questionnaire requires around 20 minutes to be filled
Number of interviewers needed for Durres region:
1 person for Kruje (180 completed questionnaires)
1 person for Shijak (180 completed questionnaires)
1 person for rural areas (230 completed questionnaires)
Number of interviewers needed for Vlore region:
1 person for Saranda (386 completed questionnaires)
1 person for Delvine (386 completed questionnaires)
1 person for Himara (386 completed questionnaires)
1 person for rural areas (386 completed questionnaires)
• Ideally previous experience with field work, questionnaires distribution and face-to-face interviews.
• Preferably university degree in social sciences, economics, law or similar. Recent graduate or university student.
• Good communication skills.
• Residence in the cities mentioned is preferable.
The total payment for this consultancy will be done in accordance to the number of the completed and accepted questionnaires.
Timeline for distribution and collection of filled questionnaires: 14 days from the start of the assignment .
How to Apply
All applications are due by 11 November 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/ or send to our e-mail address email@example.com your updated CV, stating the vacancy notice number in the subject.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with modified Terms of Reference or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.