Please note that the OSCE is not in a position paying any remuneration during the period of internship nor reimburse travel expenses. Some compensation towards the cost of living may be offered to intern who does not reside (non-resident) in the place of assignment.
The OSCE Project Coordinator in Uzbekistan (PCUz) promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments and cooperation with the Republic of Uzbekistan within the OSCE framework. The PCUz, in co-operation with national and international partners, carries out project activities that are agreed upon with the host government. The PCUz would warmly welcome one national intern for 5 months.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The selected intern will join the PCUz team and have the opportunity to familiarize himself/herself with the work of the OSCE. Under the overall supervision of the National Project Officer / EED, the intern will be requested to carry out the following duties:
• Support in maintaining media related materials of the PCUz office in three dimensions – Politico-Military, Economic and Environmental and Human Dimensions; • Assist in preparing press items and press releases in English, Uzbek and Russian on PCUz conducted events; • Attend the PCUz events across the country and help in preparing media materials for the events; • Carry out research on ongoing activities of the OSCE across the OSCE region in generation of a general picture of the kinds of input in various areas; on best practices, including those of other OSCE field presences and executive structures, that could be used in developing media stories; • Support Media Focal Point in maintaining PCUz Social Media Platforms; • Render administrative support for the PCUz programme and project related activities, such as conferences, seminars, workshops and training sessions • Draft correspondence/reports on the basis of instructions received from the National Project Officer / EED; prepare summaries of relevant documents; translate/interpret (consecutively), when needed • Perform any other ancillary duties, as required
• Citizenship of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
• Be not older than 30 years on the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice and have completed two years of full-time post-secondary education in an accredited institution or have completed a first or advanced degree in a field relevant to the OSCE’s mandate, preferably in political science, international relations or economics, no longer than two years before the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice;
• Previous experience developing media materials would be an asset;
• Professional fluency in English and any of the local languages with excellent communication skills;
• Strong analytical, research and drafting skills;
• Good organizational skills with ability to process and analyze information quickly and efficiently;
• Excellent IT knowledge, familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet applications;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the intern during his/her stay no reimburses travel expenses. The selected intern may participate in the group health insurance scheme at his/her own expense, but the OSCE will cover life and accident/disability insurance. If the intern opts to arrange his/her own medical coverage, he/she shall provide evidence of medical coverage for the duty station he/she applies to, and for any eventual duty trip destinations. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under by 27 July 2018. https://jobs.osce.org/
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The position is open for the Uzbekistan citizens only. No consideration will be given to the late applications.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.