With 57 participating States in North America, Europe and Asia, the OSCE – the Organization for Security and Co- operation in Europe – is the world’s largest regional security organization. The OSCE works for stability, peace and democracy for more than a billion people, through political dialogue and through practical work to build and sustain peace and stability. The OSCE takes a comprehensive approach to security encompassing three dimensions - the politico-military, the economic and environmental, and the human.
The OSCE Presence in Albania is looking for international qualified candidates to carry out internships for 3-6 consecutive months periods in both administrative and programmatic areas throughout the upcoming 12 months.
What can the international OSCE’s internship programme offer you?
- The chance to learn about the day-to-day working environment of the OSCE and about the Organization’s mandate;
- The opportunity to develop your professional skills and gain practical working experience in a multi-national environment;
- The chance to meet many professionals and benefit from their knowledge and mentorship;
- The opportunity to meet and link-up with like-minded young professionals. Please note that OSCE internships are full-time (40 hour week).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Each receiving Unit/Section established tailored terms of reference (ToR) for the intern selected to join their teams.
To give you an idea of what kinds of assignments you can expect, we have listed some typical day-to-day duties which interns perform in our different departments:
1. Drafting research papers, policy reports, concept papers, and other written materials such as briefing papers/memos/talking points/speeches/documents/newsletters/presentations;
2. Assisting in project management and implementation such as the preparation of project proposals/budgets, and compiling Project Progress reports for donors;
3. Conducting thematic research, assisting with the revision legal documents and with the preparation of legal opinions, assisting with media monitoring, or conducting surveys and/or financial analyses; 4. Supporting social media outreach through drafting the content of posts and actually posting on various social media channels, providing evaluations of social media impact, making suggestions for increasing the impact of social media use by the Presence;
5. Supporting the organization of events, meetings, regional workshops, press conferences, round-tables and other conferences, etc.;
6. Supporting daily operational work in our programmatic departments
7. Assisting (senior) managers in preparing for trips, bi-lateral meetings and country visits by compiling background documents, dealing with logistic arrangements and communicating with a range of OSCE internal and external stakeholders.
- You should be under the age of 30;
- You should be in your final year of higher education at graduate or postgraduate level or within two years after graduation by the deadline of the vacancy;
- You should be professionally fluent in English, both oral and written, and have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely (interviews will be conducted);
- Upon selection provide the OSCE with evidence that they have international health insurance coverage which is valid for the duty station(s) of their internship, prior to commencing the Internship
- You should bring along high motivation, open-mindedness, and flexibility;
- You should be able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national, cultural and religious backgrounds whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- You should be aware of the importance of integrating a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- You should be able to operate a computer, with familiarity of Microsoft Office applications, (Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, word processing and e-mail).
- Previous work experience in a relevant field;
- Organizational, multi-tasking and analytical skills; drafting skills;
Necessary travel expenses to the mission at the commencement and from the Mission home at the end of the Internship will not reimbursed.
In lieu of remuneration, the Mission shall contribute towards the cost of living of international interns who are non-residents at the duty station. This contribution is equivalent to maximum 10% of the applicable BLA (currently =13 Euro per day) rate of the respective field operation duty station.
How to apply:
All applications are due by 23 March 2020. Please specify in the Cover Letter your earliest starting date and your preferred department. For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Presence in Albania, please see: http:// www.osce.org/presence-in-albania
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy or to cancel the recruitment.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process. Delayed nominations will not be considered.