As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
Please note that this vacancy notice is not for a specific assignment but is aimed to identify individuals with in-depth knowledge of and experience in the field of digital education and training to update the OSCE Programme Office in Nur-Sultan roster of experts/consultants. Successful applicants will be included in the POiN roster, with the possibility of being contacted in case of an assignment, for which they possess relevant qualifications. Inclusion into the roster does not carry any commitment by the OSCE to use the services of the expert.
As part of the Office’s long-standing efforts to strengthen the network of young environmental leaders in the Central Asia region and Afghanistan and to promote regional dialogue and co-operation in environmental security and sustainable development, the OSCE Office in Nur-Sultan announces a call for experts with specific experience in one of the following area:
Expert on digital education and training at the 11th online Central Asian Leadership Program (11th CALP);
- Presenting at general session 3: “11th CALP: Response to new global and regional challenges related to the coronavirus pandemic” September 14, 2020. Topic: “Human well-being and the SDGs: Recovery from the COVID-19 Crisis”;
- Preparation of session 6. On digital education and training of the 11th CALP: “Digitalization of education in response to global challenges” September 15, 2020;
- Preparation of the sub-session 6.1. Distance and online teaching and learning: challenges, opportunities and advantages;
- Preparation of the sub-session 6.2. Integrating the SDGs into digital education to achieve a sustainable future;
- Preparation of the sub-session 6.3. SDG 6 study - water supply and sanitation, SDG 13 - climate action to achieve a sustainable future;
- Preparation of the sub-session 6.4. Exploring the past, inspiring participation in the present and exploring an alternative future.
- Higher education in the field of natural sciences, environmental protection, economics, environment, or related fields;
- Science degrees (PhD/MSc) and experience in conducting research will be an advantage;
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an advantage;
- Experience in Environmental Education (EE) and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) at the international level will be an advantage;
- The experience of working with UN organizations on ESD will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the specifics of Central Asia and the experience of cooperation with CAREC on EE and ESD will be an advantage;
- Excellent skills in written and spoken Russian and English;
- Skills related to preparing reports and analytical materials.
- Skills and expertise in ESD;
- Distance teaching skills for students, teachers and other target groups.
Remuneration will depend on the selected consultant/expert qualifications and experience and in accordance with the OSCE established consultancy rates.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Those applicants who cannot fill in the forms in English, but possess relevant expertise, may use the OSCE offline application form in Russian or Kazakh language found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form. Please forward the completed offline form (together with motivation letter), quoting the job title and the VN number by e-mail Recruitment_POiN@osce.org. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of the recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that this vacancy is open only for international applicants.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic, and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.