As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The Politico-Military Unit of the OSCE Project Coordinator in Ukraine is implementing a project on assisting Ukraine's border guards to counter terrorism threats. This project seeks to assist the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine (SBGSU) in reducing the threat of terrorism and to strengthen ability of the SBGSU to identify terrorism threats.
The PCU will engage two international experts from the border guard service of one of the OSCE participating States or Partner for Co-operation to conduct an assessment of the capacities of SBGSU regarding terrorism threat identification as well as develop recommendations (road map) regarding terrorism threat identification at the border crossing points of Ukraine. The experts will also develop and conduct a five-day training on identification of terrorism threats for 25 officers from the units responsible for identification and countering of terrorism threats at the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, Security Service of Ukraine, and State Customs Service of Ukraine.
Please note that this is a consultancy assignment of approximately 20 working days. The consultant will be required to work from home and to travel to Ukraine to conduct assessment of the SBGSU capacity regarding counter terrorism threats identification at the border crossing points and to conduct “training of trainers” at the SBGSU Academy.
In co-operation with another expert, the incumbent will be tasked to:
• conduct an assessment of the capacities of the SBGSU regarding terrorism threat identification at the border crossing points of Ukraine develop recommendations (road map) regarding terrorism threat identification at the border crossing points of Ukraine
• develop and conduct a five-day training on identification of terrorism threats for 25 officers from the units responsible for identification and countering of terrorism threats at the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, Security Service of Ukraine, and State Customs Service of Ukraine at the National Academy of the SBGSU in Khmelnitskyi
Tasks will be divided between experts based on their experience, qualification and time availability.
• University degree in security studies, social/political sciences or another related field/degree from a border/police academy;
• At least 6 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in counter terrorism at the border crossing points;
• Profound knowledge of terrorism threats identification theory and practical methods;
• Research skills and knowledge of teaching methodology will be an advantage;
• Experiences in the development of teaching/training materials will be an advantage;
• Experience in the implementation of international projects dealing with fighting against terrorism, risk analysis and criminal analysis will be a plus;
• Working knowledge of English;
• Computer literacy.
According to the OSCE PCU consultancy fees guidelines.
This position is for internationals only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00476. The deadline for applications is 24 August 2017. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.