The Rule of Law and Human Rights (RLHR) Programme of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine implements series of projects in partnership with national stakeholders aimed at upholding the rule of law, promoting and protecting human rights. In 2020, the RLHR Programme will provide expert advice and facilitate broad discussions on justice sector reforms, including constitutional and decision enforcement reforms. It will continue efforts to improve law-school education, and to promote human-rights education in schools. For judges and other legal professionals, it will help introduce sustainable courses with a focus on human rights and other OSCE commitments. It will work closely with civil society to support trial monitoring in line with the best international and national practices. Key partners include the Constitutional and the Supreme Courts, the Parliament, the National School of Judges, the Ombudsman, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Education and Science, and law schools.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Intern will provide assistance to the RLHR Programme of the OSCE PCU under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, in particular the incumbent will be expected to:
• prepare and consolidate reports, overviews, briefs, PowerPoint presentations, other documents, information and analytical materials on request of the Programme Manager;
• prepare draft correspondence to stakeholders with regard to relevant projects;
• perform written Ukrainian/English translations;
• participate in project-related events;
• perform other duties as assigned.
• at least 19 years old/not older than 30 years on the date of the vacancy notice;
• completed two years of full-time post-secondary education in an accredited institution or have completed a first or advanced degree in law, human rights, international relations, public administration or related field, not earlier than in 2017;
• relevant professional experience in the spheres of law, human rights, international relations, international development, public administration would be an asset;
• previous experience of cooperation with government officials and institutions, NGOs and international organizations would be an asset;
• excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
• computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft packages.
The selected intern may participate in the group health insurance scheme at his/her own expense. The OSCE will cover life and accident/disability insurance. If the intern opts to arrange his/her own medical coverage, he/she shall provide evidence of medical coverage for the duty station he/she applies to, and for any eventual duty trip destinations.
Please note that the OSCE is in a position neither to pay any remuneration during the period of internship nor reimburse travel expenses. Some compensation towards the cost of living may be offered to interns who do not reside in the place of assignment.
The expected duration оf internship is 6 (six) months. Please use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00585. If you experience difficulties working with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer. The deadline for applications is 14 November 2019. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.