A New Recruitment Platform is coming soon! Learn more about how it will enhance your OSCE Talent Acquisition Experience.
Human Security Programme
A priority area of Human Security Programme (HS) efforts is to assist state agencies and non-governmental partners in meeting modern security challenges and ensure safety of Ukrainians in their daily life. The main areas of systemic HS project work include combating cybercrime, trafficking in human beings (THB) and gender-based violence (GBV). Currently the assistance of an intern is required for the smooth and timely implementation of the ExB project “Strengthening Ukrainian State Authorities’ Cyber Hygiene and Cybersecurity Capacity”.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Intern will provide assistance with the implementation of ExB projects within the portfolio of the Human Security Programme, in particular of the project “Strengthening Ukrainian State Authorities’ Cyber Hygiene and Cybersecurity Capacity”. The responsibilities will include the following:
• Prepare and consolidate draft reports, overviews, briefs, PowerPoint presentations, other documents, information and analytical materials on request of the Programme Manager;
• Prepare draft correspondence to stakeholders with regard to relevant project activities;
• Perform written Ukrainian/English translations;
• Facilitate project-related events including liaising with participants and other interested parties, provide support during the events;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Aged between 19 and 30 on the date of the application deadline for the vacancy;
• Have completed two years of full-time post-secondary education in an accredited institution or have completed a first or advanced degree in social science, law, international relations or related field, not earlier than in 2019;
• Relevant professional experience in the spheres of law, cyber security, psychology, international development; ability to co-operate with government officials and institutions, NGOs and international organizations would be an asset;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages.
The selected intern may participate in the group health insurance scheme at his/her own expense. The OSCE will cover life and accident/disability insurance. If the intern opts to arrange his/her own medical coverage, he/she shall provide evidence of medical coverage for the duty station he/she applies to, and for any eventual duty trip destinations.
Please note that the OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration during the period of internship nor reimburse travel expenses. Some compensation towards the cost of living may be offered to interns who do not reside in the place of assignment.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. The expected duration оf internship is six months commencing from May 2021. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00660. If you experience difficulties working with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer. The deadline for applications is 27 April 2021. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.