Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the National ICT Officer and the team leadership of Senior ICT Technician Microwave/Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), the incumbent will be performing the following duties:
1. Assisting in installing and maintaining microwave network and links, VSAT terminals, cables, telephone equipment, antennas and power systems (batteries, solar/wind generators) in offices at OMiK Headquarters and Field Offices by:
(a) Assisting in the development, improvement and expansion of the OMiK microwave network by participating in the location planning and field frequencies tests;
(b) As part of a team, installing microwave links and VSAT terminals; programs, tests and adjusting the telecommunications equipment and systems; installing antennas and calibrating them for optimal performance of transmissions and network; performing cabling and utilization tests of power systems; climbing metal towers up to 30m and lifting heavy equipment;
(c) Performing tasks related to the installation and expansion of the Main Distribution Frame and ICT network in buildings (junction point for all cables entering a building), connecting incoming cables to distribution points; connecting wires to offices by identifying the most direct path to shorten the distance between Main Distribution Frame, distribution points, ICT systems and users;
(d) Independently programing VSAT terminals to provide optimal performance according to the service provider technical specifications;
(e) Providing field tests and adjustments to the communications equipment by replacing defective parts or repairing components by using specialized telecommunication equipment (E1 data testers, bit-error analyzers and other specific electronics measurement equipment);
(f) Providing the installation of the CCTV cabling at the main HQ and deals with the servicing, extending and maintaining the CCTV network;
2. Assisting in maintaining and repair of microwave network, VSAT terminals and telephone systems by:
(a) Performing work in the context of preventive and corrective maintenance and repair of the microwave equipment such as microwave units, VSAT terminals, switches, , power and antenna systems to ensure proper functioning; testing the functioning of all elements of the microwave networks and VSAT stations and repairs any units or component which are defective; refurbishing batteries, winterizes of equipment and keeping records of work performed;
(b) Depending on the equipment to be repaired, connecting the faulty equipment to the diagnostic unit for testing purposes; if necessary, replacing or repairing defective components; if the incumbent cannot repair the defective unit, proposes repair by manufacturer;
(c) Depending on the supervisor’s decision, packing items for shipment;
(d) Executing works in connection with reassigning/reallocating of telecommunications network following office moves, including set up of new microwave/VSAT links and cabling;
(e) Assisting in wiring of buildings according LAN documentations and ICT requirements;
3. Answering telephone calls/emails from staff members requesting assistance related to the use and functioning of telecommunications equipment: (a) Receiving telephone calls to solve user problems; depending on the question, a solution is found and conveyed to the user (network down partially or completely, user is not allowed to access a particular link or other system, interferences, bit-error appearance on the transmissions etc.);
(b) Providing upon request technical support in usage of video and audio conferencing equipment to OMiK staff;
(c) Assisting in performing physical inventory checks as instructed by the supervisor;
4. Assisting in installing and maintaining VHF and UHF repeaters and base radio stations, Mobile Satellite Stations (MSSs), cables, antennas and power systems (batteries, diesel generators, solar/wind generators) at OMiK Headquarters and Field Fffices.
5. Performing other duties as required.
• Completed secondary education; formal training in the field of telecommunications and passing of final examinations; completed by course work in a related technical subject. Holding a valid driving license;
• Four years of relevant experience in the field of installing and maintaining Microwave and telephone telecommunication networks. Extensive knowledge of VSAT (Ku and C band) equipment and service manuals. Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications, VSAT calibrating, E1 and E3 measuring. Experience in multi-layered network and satellite switching. VoIP knowledge. Established ability to understand fine technical details, to draw and read switching plans and to understand complex technical instructions;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1054.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.