The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Network Administrator, should you be selected for the position, you will provide efficient ICT support with a high level of user satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness.
As the ICT Help Desk Technician, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
- Registering incidents in the system;
- Resolving and recovering assigned incidents;
- Investigating and diagnosing incidents (including resolution where possible);
- Querying and expanding existing knowledge base;
- Confirming and closing resolution of incidents;
- Handling service requests;
- Tracking assigned issues until they are resolved;
- Escalating the process if necessary;
- Keeping affected users informed about progress;
- Preparing video conferencing system and equipment when requested;
2.Hardware and Software Installation, Configuration and Upgrades
- Installing, configuring and testing hardware and peripherals;
- Installing, configuring, and testing non-standard application software and software upgrades and updates;
- Performing quality checks on outcomes of work performed;
- Documenting system installation, configuration procedures, and current configuration;
- Contributing to the new system implementation in the production environment;
- Providing application support to facilitate effective utilization of the system;
- Contributing to the acceptance process for new releases into production;
- Supporting processes facilitating the readiness of the production environment;
3. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,052.42 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.