Skip to main content
As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
NOTE: This is a short-term appointment up to 6 months with a possibility of extension through 2019 subject to availability of the funds.
Under the supervision of the National ICT Officer the incumbent provides IT service desk support service for the OSCE ERP system (IRMA) with a high level of user satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness to OSCE staff, delegations and participating States and external applicants.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Acting as single point of contact for all user related issues in Oracle ERP systems, especially in the area of the Oracle Finance/SCB/Material Management/HR, System Administration and Access Control;
- Updating and maintaining the OSCE internal portal based "on-screen-reference", containing standard forms, administrative circulars and other information to be published to all staff;
- Receiving, classifying and prioritizing reported incidents/SRs, problems and their resolution or escalation to 2nd level support or Business Units; Keeping affected users informed about progress;
- Responding to requests for assistance from users; logging calls in a database; maintaining accurate log entries of requests with fault details; searching documentation and previous requests for assistance on related topics to find most effective solutions;
- Assisting staff personally by phone or via remote access software with technical and procedural computer problems related to the use of software; identifying problems and implementing or recommending solutions;
- Testing new software and hardware products related to Oracle ERP system; prior to installation to users on a wide basis creating pre-deployment reports for rollout planning; performing workstation testing after deployment at end-user workspace; briefing user on basic operation and handling;
- Working with Oracle support staff on resolution of bugs, implementation of fixes, testing etc.;
- Working out procedures, maintaining and updating user-related ICT information and working tools, assisting in preparation and updates of OSCE ICT policies, standard operation procedures and frequently asked questions;
- Documents system installing, configuration procedures, and current configuration;
- Contributing to the new system implementation in the production environment;
- Contributing to the acceptance process for new releases into production;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal IT course training;
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in ICT, preferably with ERP systems; First-level university degree may be considered as a substitute for one (1) year, and an advanced level degree may be considered as a substitute for two (2) years of work experience;
- Ability to examine the situation, analyse possible causes/reasons, and recommend an action plan;
- Knowledge of systematic methods of solving technical problems and sources of relevant technical data;
- Ability to prioritize possible solutions based on technical criteria;
- Ability to use written and electronic documentation;
- Ability to communicate effectively via printed material and over electronic means of communication;
- Ability to provide technical training;
- Very good knowledge of computer applications and operating systems and to be able to support user requests;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
You can not apply to this vacancy anymore.
Sorry, the application deadline for this vacancy has expired.