As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
These are two short-term positions for duration of 6 months.
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law. ODIHR’s assistance projects and other activities are implemented in participating States in accordance with ODIHR’s mandate.
ICT Unit is looking forward to receive additional assistance provided by two Short Term Assistants. Assistants will fill in as additional staff resource to cover duties of the ICT helpdesk. This will help to ensure availability of the ICT services and allow appropriate level of ICT support to the ODIHR staff
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights, please see https://www.osce.org/odihr.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The ICT Assistants, under the supervision of Chief ICT Unit, support and assist ODIHR staff in their usage of ICT resources and performs the following duties:
1. Assisting users with ICT resources by providing systems orientation, information, and on-the-job training, and first-level help desk assistance for the standard office products (email, word-processing, spreadsheets, database, Internet technologies, workstation operating systems, printers, scanners, mobile and landline telephony, videoconferencing and various applications);
2. Maintaining equipment and applications by troubleshooting and performing minor repairs on IT equipment;
Assisting users with help desk support for landline phones and mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and tokens and by administering ODIHRs mobile devices management (MDM) system and telecommunications switchboard;
3. Assisting users with help desk support for landline phones and mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and tokens and by administering ODIHRs mobile devices management (MDM) system and telecommunications switchboard;
4. Installing and setting up computer equipment in offices and for meetings purposes including testing, implementing desktop and laptop images, office applications and tools, communication and multimedia devices;
5. Acting as systems administrator by managing user and email accounts, setting up and maintaining printer queues, maintaining supplementary servers, carrying out necessary cabling and patching in wiring racks, and following emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failures when necessary to protect data and security;
6. Contributing to the improvement of ICT support services by maintaining a Service Desk database of user problems and applied solutions, hardware and software assets, training, and support sessions provided, preparing Standard Operating Procedures and relevant user manuals and documentation;
7. Providing ICT support for activities related to Election Observation Missions including maintaining, configuring, and deploying dedicated ICT equipment, and providing remote and on-site support.
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is approximately PLN 6,900. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland.
Social security will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme (current approximate deduction for a staff member is 52 Euro).
Appointments are made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
|How To Apply|
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Please note that in the event of invitation for interview, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.