|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The Human Rights Officer, under the direct supervision of the Senior Communities Officer, implements the programmatic goals of the Department of Human Rights and Communities (HRCD) and supports its development in the Regional Centre (RC) as determined by the senior management of HRCD and in co-operation with the RC Director. The incumbent will be responsible for:
1. Pro-actively monitoring and building the capacities of relevant institutions and communities mechanisms in the field of human and communities rights, assessing/evaluating developments and proposing remedial actions when appropriate. This includes reporting, advocacy, as well as other forms of assistance or advice, aiming to improve compliance with international human rights standards and communities rights principles;
2. Regularly meeting local counterparts to exchange and gather information on human and communities rights related issues, assessing and reporting on developments, successes and concerns regarding compliance with human and communities rights standards;
3. Co-operating closely and co-ordinating with colleagues in the RC, as well as the HRCD in Headquarters, and in particular with the relevant Section (Communities Section) within HRCD;
4. Identifying key human and communities rights related issues in the incumbent's area of responsibility and, where deemed necessary, following up with analytical reporting, including recommendations to the Senior Communities Officer, the RC Director and the HRCD in Headquarters;
5. Assisting in project development, implementing project activities, and evaluating impact and achievements;
6. Reaching out to all local communities/assessing their situation and reporting on identified needs;
7. Drafting and assisting the drafting of policy recommendations that address specific human rights and communities rights issues/concerns;
8. Contributing to the reporting and to periodical analytical reports of the HRCD;
9. Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.