As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will work on protecting and promoting human rights and the rule of law under the direct supervision of the Head of Human Rights of the Human Dimension Department. As Human Right Officer you will perform following duties:
1. Monitoring systematic human rights concerns, especially in the areas of discrimination, fundamental freedoms, economic and social rights and minority rights;
2. Drafting and/or reviewing reports, policy briefs, research papers, project proposals and other documents under the supervision of the Head of Human Rights;
3. Identifying structural issues, intervening with national authorities and advocating with the public authorities to create policies and legislation that would enhance the domestic human rights practices and policies in Bosnia and Herzegovina in a manner compliant with international standards;
4. Analysing legislation, policies and practice to ensure domestic compliance with international human rights law and standards;
5. Identifying gaps between international human rights standards and domestic law and practice and proposing strategies to overcome them; Undertaking specific research and collecting data to determine the extent to which a right is compiled in relation to the international human rights standard and to identify the most important obstacle to its compliance;
6. Monitoring and promoting the rights of national minorities, with a particular focus on Roma, and designing and participating in awareness-raising activities concerning rights of vulnerable groups;
7. Producing reliable regular and focused reports on human rights situation and trends in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
8. Providing recommendations on improvement of BiH human rights policies;
9. Co-ordinating activities with other departments of the Mission;
10. Co-ordinating activities with other international and national human rights organizations;
11. Performing other duties as assigned.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.