This post is financed from the Extra-Budgetary (ExB) project and is subject to availability of funds. The incumbent is expected to start as of 1 December 2018 with 6 months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent carries out the following duties:
1. Personnel administration
- Provides interpretation of the OSCE Staff Regulations and Rules and other relevant instructions and procedures to local and international mission members (MMs);
- Monitors and administers MMs’ benefits and entitlements, complying with the OSCE Staff Regulation and Rules and other OSCE instructions and assuring accurate recording and correct payroll results;
- Collects information and assists in conversion of data for recording in IRMA in connection with benefits, elements, pay methods, assignments, accrual plans, absence types, etc.;
- Ascertains staffing requirements of international and local personnel by referral to staffing table and monitoring contract expirations;
- Assures timely notification, initiation and follow up on the performance appraisal process, with purpose to ensure the deadlines in respect of probationary period, contract extension and regular performance appraisal periods are met;
- Responsible for updating Human Recourses database to reflect any administrative changes, and upon official approval of the extensions prepares adequate contracts for CFA’s signature;
- Arranges for and/or attends meetings on administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices;
- May be called to brief staff on IRMA, Provident Fund, Cigna and personnel procedures and to brief selected candidates on OSCE working conditions.
- Incumbent assists the Human Resources Officer on all matters related to recruitment of International and National MMs;
- Drafts Vacancy Notices according to classified Job Descriptions for final approval by the Human Resources Officer;
- Upon approval, incumbent co-ordinates publishing the specific job openings in the local newspapers and on the OSCE web page using the I Recruitment module;
- Pre-screens applications for local positions, international Short Term Appointments (STAs), and Special Service Agreements (SSA’s), in line with the vacancy notice criteria and prepares the long list of candidates for approval by Human Resources Officer;
- Arranges the written test and interview for short listed candidates. As assigned, takes part in interviews as a panel member;
- Co-ordinates the signatory process and distribution of the recruitment reports and updates the I Recruitment module, as appropriate.
- Responsible for the IRMA Payroll module data is correctly administered;
- Reviews, investigates payroll issues and answers queries including drafting written replies, explanations for the signature of the Human Resources Officer;
- Produces periodical reports to ensure completeness and correctness of data;
- Creates POs for the SSAs.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal training in administrative / or human resources field;
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience in clerical and administrative work preferably in human resources within international organization;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Knowledge of OSCE computer systems would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00530. The deadline for applications is 11 November 2018. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.