|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Advanced degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
Experience working in the area of CIS, particularly in Central Asia
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Programme Office and the overall direction of the Head of Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of human dimension activities. Specifically, the Human Dimension officer will:
1. Develop and implement human rights development activities and education/training programmes;
2. Participate in developing, co-ordinating and implementing projects within the Human Dimension Department in response to the identified needs and priorities;
3. Establish and maintain contacts with local and national authorities, NGOs, universities and research institutions as well as with international organizations and other field operations;
4. Assist in arranging OSCE regional events, inter alia, regional seminars and visit to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation;
5. Ensure co-ordination of activities with OSCE institutions and external partners;
6. Supervise a team of local mission members;
7. Perform other related duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Astana please see: http://www.osce.org/astana
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.