A New Recruitment Platform is coming soon! Find out more how it will enhance your OSCE Talent Acquisition Experience
Please note that this is a short-term position for duration of 6 months.
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, combating human trafficking, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law. ODIHR's assistance projects and other activities are implemented in participating States in accordance with ODIHR's mandate.
The Human Dimension Meetings Unit, led by the Human Dimension Meetings Officer, holds the primary responsibility within ODIHR to ensure efficient and timely organization of the mandated human dimension meetings and other relevant events within the applicable rules and modalities and other requirements.
The mandated human dimension meetings are:
- the Human Dimension Implementation Meeting (HDIM – more than 1,500 participants, once a year in Warsaw);
- the Human Dimension Seminar (HDS – up to 300 participants, once a year in Warsaw);
- Supplementary Human Dimension Meetings (SHDMs – up to 250 participants per meeting, 3 times per year in Vienna).
In addition, the Human Dimension Meetings Unit organizes regularly (three times a year, up to 30 participants per course) the Human Dimension Induction Course (HDIC) in Warsaw for new OSCE employees from various executive structures, and may be asked to provide assistance in organizing various other OSCE human dimension meetings and conferences.
The incumbent will support the Unit with regard to the above-mentioned activities and execute organizational and administrative tasks as appropriate. The incumbent will also need to gain a good understanding of other work processes of the Unit, and will for this purpose be required to support those, as requested.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Human Dimension Meetings Officer, the Human Dimension Meetings Assistant will perform the following functions:
1. Supporting the Human Dimension Meetings Unit by providing input into the organization of the meetings
- Participating and contributing at different organisational stages, planning, delivering, conducting and following up of the mandated meetings and other events ODIHR/the Unit;
- Making logistical and administrative arrangements and in this context, taking the organizational lead on certain aspects of the meetings;
- Supporting smooth implementation of meetings;
- Providing information, organizational and logistical support to the participants;
2. Executing organizational and administrative tasks as appropriate
- Performing all administrative and records management tasks necessary for the functioning of the Unit and liaising with relevant ODIHR common services units;
- Ensuring delivery of all required services as agreed and liaising in this regard with the OSCE secretariat, and other OSCE executive structures and stakeholders, as appropriate;
- Making arrangements to facilitate internal preparatory processes, collecting, analysing and compiling information; drafting letters and presentations as requested;
- Providing logistical and technical support to meetings’ participants.
3. Performing a variety of clerical and secretarial tasks
- Updating various files and schedules of the Unit;
- Organizing preparatory meetings, receiving visitors, keeping track of invitations and ensuring timely acceptance or refusal;
- Arranging meetings (in-house and outside), and participating, as requested;
- Preparing correspondence and other documents (some of which are of sensitive nature), ensuring their correctness;
- Making logistical and administrative arrangements for daily activities of the Unit.
4. Performing other duties as assigned, including back up of other Human Dimension Meetings Assistants.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is approximately PLN 6,900. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland.
Social security will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme (current approximate deduction for a staff member is 56 Euro).
Appointments are made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Applicants should be aware that OSCE staff/mission members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. The OSCE subscribes to the following core ethical standards or values: integrity, diversity, commitment and accountability.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.