As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
OSCE missions and field activities are the front line of OSCE work in countries that require assistance and are the agent through which political decisions are translated into action. Each mission has a different mandate, but generally work addresses early warning, preventive diplomacy, conflict management and post-conflict rehabilitation.
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OMiK) promotes human rights, good governance and the safety of all people living in Kosovo by monitoring and supporting the work of local institutions. The Mission, established in 1999, is among the largest OSCE field operations.
The OSCE Gender Action Plan is committed to increasing the number of female staff in all areas of the OSCE’s work. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this management opportunity.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM), the incumbent will be performing the following functions:
Managing the tasks and team of the Office of Political affairs in its three key components: political affairs, media and public relations and co-ordination of field reporting, through the conduct of the following duties:
1. Informing the Head of Mission (HOM), Deputy HOM, and senior management, on key political developments and advising on policies and major issues affecting the implementation of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo mandate under Permanent Council Decisions;
2. Supervising and managing all aspects of the Office’s political function, including clearance, external reporting, political and policy analysis, compilation, drafting or clearance of speeches and talking points, and reviewing and contributing to the drafting of Mission strategies, concepts and approaches to meet new challenges;
3. Managing the implementation of specific tasks coming from the OSCE Conflict Prevention Centre and acts as the OSCE Mission in Kosovo Early Warning Focal Point. Liaising with the political offices of other international missions in Kosovo and with government and community representatives, at appropriate level.
Media Relations and Communications:
4. Acting as the Principal Advisor to the HOM and senior management on the Mission’s communications and relations with media; Acting as the principal Mission Spokesperson;
5. Preparing, co-ordinating and supervising the drafting and clearance of press lines, talking points, press releases and speeches on key topics to be used by Mission’s senior management and staff; Developsing communication policies and strategies for the Mission, aimed at increasing public understanding of the work of OSCE and generating maximum coverage of Mission activities in local, regional, and international media;
6. Maintaining contacts with local, regional, and international journalists and editors to ensure fair coverage of OSCE activities and developments, as well as liaising with media offices of other international organizations and the diplomatic corps; Maintaining co-operation and co-ordination with the OSCE Spokesperson and the Communications Office at the OSCE Secretariat and managing tasks originating there;
7. Supervising and co-ordinating media events in key regional locations to present OSCE activities to the media and general public; Participating in the design and supervising the implementation of the Mission’s programmatic public campaigns.
Co-ordination of Field Reporting:
8. Advising, supervising, and co-ordinating the work of the Mission’s Field Reporting Officers to ensure timely, accurate, balanced and professional reporting from the Mission’s regional centres.
9. Performs related duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is about US$ 5,944 to which Board and Lodging Allowance (currently EUR 109 per day subject to change without prior notice) is added. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
|How To Apply|
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/employment.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
The OSCE is a non-career organization committed to the principle of staff rotation, therefore the maximum period of service in this post is 7 years.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.