|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Advanced education/certified training course in relevant field. Advanced degree in a management discipline an asset
Minimum 10 years relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 5 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Deputy Head of Mission, the incumbent ensures effective co-ordination of the Mission's activities in line with the strategic and programme priorities and the guidance of the Head of Mission.
Specifically, the incumbent performs the following:
1. Oversees the development of Unified Budget (UB) documents, provides advice on performance-based programme budgeting, engages in their review and clearance, and ensures their timely submission to participating States. Promotes and co-ordinates independent evaluation of the Mission's programmes and activities to improve future programming;
2. Oversees the preparation of the Mission's UB and Extra-Budgetary (ExB) projects, ensures their timely review and clearance in accordance with the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on project development and review, and provides feedback to project managers;
3. Co-ordinates, guides and ensures the delivery of a regular project-cycle management training by the Office of Central Co-ordination;
4. Oversees the monitoring of the implementation of the Mission projects (Mission Implementation Plan) and provides bi-annual and annual reports on their implementation to the Head of Mission and senior management;
5. Advises both Head of Mission and the senior management team on strategic planning and co-ordination of substantive and managerial objectives and ensures that advice and information is coordinated with all relevant components of the Mission prior to submission to the Head of Mission;
6. Oversees the preparation of thematic reports, research studies and assessments through advice on methodological issues, and reviews them before their final approval by the Head of Mission as stipulated in the relevant SOP;
7. Supports and facilitates different co-ordination processes within the Mission, and serves as the focal point for co-ordination with departments and regional centres. Co-ordinates with other international actors and participates in relevant donor co-ordination mechanisms;
8. Manages staff and promotes their professional development, monitors and evaluates their performance. Fosters teamwork and communication among officials in the Head of Mission's Office as well as with international organizations and other missions in the region. The total number of international professional posts supervised directly and through subordinate supervisors is 4 and the total number of posts in other categories supervised is 3;
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Subject to approval of 2017 UB Post Table
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.