|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level univeristy degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments. With special emphasis on the regional context, it assists Tajikistan in tackling problems and threats to security, supports conflict prevention and crisis management measures. As such, it works in areas such as border management, police reform, counter-terrorism and small arms and light weapons stockpiling and storage.
The Programme Office supports the development of the rule of law and democratic political institutions and processes, including the respect for human rights.
The Economic and Environmental Department of the Programme Office supports the country in developing free trade, good governance, environmental protection and water and energy security. The Programme Office is involved in a variety of initiatives that aim at curbing corruption in the country and improving governance. This includes awareness-raising projects, training seminars, and assistance with the reform of Tajikistans legal framework. Specific attention is given to such issues as: the prevention of corruption; the criminalization of corruption-related crimes; asset declarations by public officials; and the screening of legal acts performed by authorities in line with anti-corruption principles.
This is a senior professional role supervised by the Head of the Economic and Environmental Department and overall supervision of the Deputy Head of the Programme Office in Dushanbe. If you are selected as the Good Governance Officer, you will perform the following duties:
1. Contributing to developing the strategy and proposing the allocation of resources for the good governance project in line with OSCE Programme Budgeting standards;
2. Managing the Office's good governance project and related activities (including development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) in compliance with the OSCE's Common Regulatory Management System (CRMS);
3. Following and analyzing economic governance issues, in particular those related to Tajikistans anti-corruption policy, and drafting concise and informative reports, background documents, talking points, presentations, situational updates as required;
4. Identifying local and international stakeholders relevant for the development and implementation of the project and maintaining regular communication with them, including but not limited to governmental and non-governmental partners, private sector stakeholders, academia, international governmental and non-governmental organizations;
5. Establishing and maintaining close co-ordination with the Office of the Co-ordinator of Economic and Environmental Affairs in the OSCE Secretariat;
6. Assisting in arranging OSCE regional events, regional seminars and visits to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation;
7. Supervising the work of one Programme Assistant;
8. Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.