|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience in relevant field of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), in line with the OSCE Action Plan for the Promotion of Gender Equality, is committed to further improving gender balance among staff in all areas and levels within the SMM. We encourage qualified applicants, especially women to apply for this position.
If applicable, deployment is subject to attendance to and successful completion of pre-deployment training and assessment.
Applicants are hereby notified that the Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM) is designated by the OSCE as a nonfamily duty station. This designation is based on the fluid and dynamic working environment in the SMM. The currently prevailing working conditions in the duty station may include working in a hazardous location with extended hours of service, and possibly curtailed freedom of movement. Successful candidates who are appointed to locations deemed by the OSCE as hazardous will receive hazard pay. In addition, all successful candidates will be required to participate in the OSCE accident and life insurance scheme in accordance with the OSCE Staff Regulations and Staff Rules.
Under the direct supervision of the MT Operations, the Geographical Information System Coordination Officer will perform the following specific functions:
1. Co-ordinating with MT management, Hub management, and the IMC GIS team in the continuing implementation of a mission-wide enterprise GIS system;
2. Managing access, roles and privileges of enterprise GIS users in the area of responsibility worked in, and at the discretion of MT leadership, and based on the needs of user duty requirements, and using enterprise GIS administrative guidance from IMC GIS, and data security and privacy limitations and records management guidance, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls are followed;
3. Supporting the teams and hubs in leveraging fully the Mission's geo-database system as well as other geographic information, as required in the area of responsibility. Ensuring mission-wide data standards and the requirements for official reporting workflows are maintained while adapting to the situational requirements at the strategic area of responsibility level;
4. Archiving mission geographical datasets and maintaining the GIS geo-database at the area of responsibility level;
5. Co-ordinating the collection, processing, evaluation and dissemination of geographic datasets;
6. Conducting geographic/terrain analysis studies and predicting the effects of terrain and spatial situation on the Mission's operations;
7. Implementing quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures on all products generated with GIS information and disseminated by the Unit, including geographic datasets and maps;
8. Contributing to the production of MT and Hub reports as required and in line with the Mission's overall strategic direction;
9. Providing input and conducting geographic information training and education programmes for Mission staff;
10. Traveling within Ukraine including the Eastern Regions, both in government and non-government controlled areas, and supporting Patrol Hubs in the area of responsibility;
11. Performing other related duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, please see https://www.osce.org/uk/special-monitoring-mission-to-ukraine
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.