Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant the incumbent:
- Monitors the operation of power generators. Controls general condition of the generators, changes generators oil, oil filters, checks coolant system;
- Responsible for general maintenance of the electrical installation. Inspects and makes assessments on the buildings electrical installation replaces damaged fuses and sockets. Reports considerable damage to supervisor;
- Provides basic technical maintenance of the central heating system;
- Provides regular maintenance of water supply and sewage systems. Repairs/replaces toilets, sinks, taps siphons and damaged parts as and when required;
- Upon request the incumbent repairs doors, windows, chairs, desks and desk drawers and other office furniture, carries different office furniture (including mounting and dismounting);
- Assist with arranging the RC storage space, in managing the assets management and inventories and also in ensuring the availability and distribution of stationary and office supplies;
- Assists in monitoring the use and maintenance of the office vehicles and also drives when required;
- Assists in organizing accommodation and transport to and from the airport for new Mission members;
- Assists in distribution of mail designated to the RC’s Sections and to the other Departments within Regional Centre;
- Assists in distribution mail (reports, invitations, etc) to the Regional Centers interlocutors;
- Assists in the organization and preparation staff workshops, roundtables and visitor and staff meetings; books RC conference or meeting facilities, assists with setting up conference rooms, printing and distribution of background materials, accommodation booking and/or transport arrangements;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by technical training in electricity, mechanic or plumbing
- Minimum two years of work experience in the field of building and/or car maintenance in addition to some clerical office experience preferably with an international organization
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and in local languages
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensibility and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 770.25 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.