Background: The OSCE Programme Office in Nur-Sultan is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Finance/Treasury Assistant (G5, step 1) in its Fund Administration Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration the incumbent is responsible for ensuring efficient financial and cash management for the office.
1) Maintains financial records for project or other office accounts for which responsibility is assigned. Codes and records receipts and payments, assures accuracy of computation and completeness of documents and maintains continuing status of allotments against obligations;
2) Reconciles accounts, prepares recurring reports on assigned accounts, noting problems resulting from excess cost or less-than-expected receipts. Prepares special reports to clarify problems or as requested for other reasons;
3) Checks financial project reports; liaises with both the Programme Managers and the Implementing Partner accounts to clarify problems and rectify inaccuracies including budget overspending or re-allotments;
4) Prepares bank payments via electronic banking, reconciles bank accounts;
5) Keeps contacts with local banks to clarify questions pertaining to office bank accounts and payment issues;
6) Runs the cash office of the office, paying, receiving payments during cash hours, maintains cash counts both in papers and in the ORACLE Treasury module;
7) Briefs and assists newly arrived local staff, experts and consultants on basic financial procedures and requirements with respect to payments, entitlements, banking and currency provisions and other requirements relating to accounts and finance;
8) Handles the Monthly reconciliation under the guidance of the Senior Finance Assistant and assists in the preparation of financial reports.
Education: Secondary education supplemented by formal training in accountancy or administration.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of work experience as an Accountant in a large national or international set up. Knowledge of IPSAS or IFRS is an asset. Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages and other accounting systems. Oracle application is an asset.
Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian.
Other: Organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
Remuneration Package: Monthly remuneration is EUR 1,211. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE`s online application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/ . Deadline for all applications is 27 July 2019. No applications will be considered after the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Please note that the vacancy is open only amongst nationals of Kazakhstan.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.