Under the direct supervision of National Finance Officer and overall guidance of Head, Finance and Budget, the incumbent prepares the standard invoices, prepayments and credit memos to effect payments and record expenditures. More specifically the incumbent:
1. Financial transactions processing:
- Examines source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity of charges; prepares documentation for processing vendors' invoices and staff claims, creates and validates payment vouchers; codes income and expenditures and charges the appropriate accounts.
- Checks whether Suppliers' documents are properly certified and the services / goods are received in IRMA by Programme Managers / authorized persons.
- Ensures that invoice amounts and payment terms match contract / payment order (PO) provisions.
- Verifies the correctness of information for input into the General Ledger to ensure its compliance with OSCE Financial Rules and Regulations; investigates erroneous charges and takes the appropriate corrective accounting actions.
- Ensures that the balance of travel advances in excess of the amount of the travel claim is recovered and that remaining obligations pertain only to unpaid expenses.
2. Operational Advances (OA) management:
- Ensures proper use of operational advances, briefs OA holders on the respective financial regulations, clears and validates operational balances ensuring that financial rules and budgetary requirement have been met.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels and examines the validity of requests for replenishment; perform a monthly reconciliation of the OA funds operated by the field offices and of the operational advances issued to Mission members to ensure that their balances concur with the OSCE Finance database.
- Coordinates on all finance matters with field offices administrative / finance staff, follows up on deadlines, checks correctness of completed reports; corresponds with field offices to request missing supporting documents and to clarify discrepancies or anomalies.
3. Period closing responsibilities:
- Conducts account analysis and monthly reconciliation of accounts, advices to National Finance Officer and / or Finance Officer on any outstanding items or discrepancies.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.