|General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree in international studies, public policy, political science, law or other related fields
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
|Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
-Working experience in a liaison function;
-Experience in information collection, political analysis and reporting;
-Professional fluency in the English language;
-Excellent drafting skills;
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, and engage with people of different cultural and religious -backgrounds, gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
-Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames;
-Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
-Knowledge of the local language or most common lingua franca spoken in the Mission area;
-Working experience in one or more of the main functional areas of the Missions mandate, preferably in an international environment.
|Tasks and Responsibilities
Please note that this vacancy is for 3 positions in: Prizren, Prishtine / Pristina and Gjilan / Gnjilane
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Office of Political Affairs and Communications, the Field Political Reporting Officer will be performing the following tasks:
1. Co-ordinating and consolidating field reporting on community rights, local governance, and other issues in the Missions mandate;
2. Conducting fact checking, requesting additional information, ensuring objective reporting and in general ensuring that the OSCE reporting standard is maintained;
3. Ensuring the appropriate distribution of field reports;
4. Advising the OSCE Missions field structure in the conduct of relations with stakeholders (institutions, community representatives, media, civil society, other);
5. Facilitating follow-up activities by the Missions field officers in response to identified governance and/or community issues, as appropriate;
6. Providing political and policy advice to the Missions field structure;
7. Analysing political and security trends within the given field region and advising the Mission in this respect, verbally and through written reports;
8. Co-ordinating the Missions early warning monitoring function within the given field region;
9. Assisting the Office of Political Affairs and Communications in the organization of public events in the given field region and in other areas of the Offices work, as appropriate.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/ourcompetency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.