The Presence is implementing the extra-budgetary project “Establishment of a Master’s Programme in Criminology.”
The project aims at establishing a multi-disciplinary Master’s Programme on Criminology in Albania, thus improving research capacities of professionals, academics and policy-makers in the country to identify root causes of crime. It also aims at promoting an increased involvement of the community in crime prevention and rehabilitation of offenders through the programme. The project entails the development of the structure and curricula for the Master’s Programme on Criminology at the Law Faculty of the University of Tirana, building capacities and resources of the University of Tirana to deliver and manage the programme, and supporting the roll out of the first two-year master’s course. In addition, the project will support the establishment of a fellowship programme to support Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Internal Affairs in the fight against crime, as well as offer academic conferences, workshops and seminars to further deepen the knowledge related to drivers of crime and enhance capacities and skills towards better crime prevention.
For this purpose, the Presence will hire 6 Field Experts for Curricula to assist the Curricula Expert by providing expert input in preparing and drafting the course content and modules of the Master’s Programme in Criminology. The Field Expert for Curricula will be from the academic field, with relevant experience in dealing with curricula, with extensive experience in developing similar programme/s.
The Presence’s Rule of Law and Human Rights Department is looking for six Field Experts for Curricula to assist the Curricula Expert by providing expert input in preparing and drafting the course content and modules of the Master’s Programme in Criminology.
Under the guidance of the Project Manager, the experts will be expected to:
• Provides input during the drafting process of the detailed curriculum for specific modules, as well as courses’ content;
• Keeps regular contacts with the Curricula Expert and other Field Experts for Curricula;
• Participates in meetings as requested by the Curricula Expert;
• Submits a draft curriculum on the courses content and specific module/s no later than 10 February 2019; The draft curriculum should be minimum 2 pages, Times New Roman format, 12 font;
• Establishes a working relationship and exchanges information with Curricula Expert and other Field Experts for Curricula, as well as with the Steering and Policy Board of the Master’s Programme;
• Participates in the working group meetings on the development of the Master’s Programme in Criminology;
• The template of course curriculum as approved by the Ministry of Education should be used for drafting the curriculum;
• Following the comments/suggestions of the working group on drafting the curriculum, revises and submits the final version of the course content and module no later than 5 February 2019.
- Detailed curriculum for a module/s which include course content, short description of the objectives; a list of key concepts; the topics for each lecture; the modalities for assessing the students and mandatory and optional literature to be used; assign number of credits for the module.
- The minimum core courses should include: Basic principles of criminology, Basic principles of criminological research, Research module, Specialization in specific criminology such as practices, phenomena, scale, and others.
• Advanced university degree in law/social sciences;
• At least 8 years of professional experience as an academic in the educational system in Albania;
• Professional experience as an academic researcher;
• Professional experience in curriculum drafting;
• Professional experience in criminal justice and/or multidisciplinary disciplines;
• Very good knowledge of Albanian including excellent communication and drafting skills.
The payment for this consultancy will be paid in accordance with the OSCE fee rates for consultants.
How to apply
All applications are due by 31 January 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/ or send your application/ CV to our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the vacancy number in the subject. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with modified Terms of Reference or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.