Within the framework of the Project “Enhancing Cybersecurity and Transparency of Election Processes in Ukraine” (Project), which is implemented by the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine (PCU) in partnership with the Central Election Commission (CEC), it is planned, with the support of the PCU, to equip a press hall of the CEC. For this purpose, the PCU is seeking an expert to provide consultations and to develop comprehensive technical specifications for the procurement of relevant goods and services for equipping a press hall at the CEC.
Please note that this is a short-term consultancy assignment. The consultant will be required to work remotely. The assignment envisages visits to the CEC premises located at: 1 Lesi Ukrainky Square, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Task: In co-operation with staff members of the Project and the CEC, the selected expert is expected to develop comprehensive technical specifications in Ukrainian for equipping a press hall at the CEC. During the assignment, the expert will consult authorized staff members of the CEC and the PCU regarding equipping a press hall at the CEC (including layout, light arrangement, procurement, placement and installation of equipment, access to WiFi connection, etc.).
The expert will develop technical specifications in the format of a table to be provided by the PCU. Specifications should be clear and comprehensive. They should not:
• Be unnecessarily restrictive, as this would limit the number of potential bidders;
• Contain features that are typical of the products of one vendor only (unless technically justified);
• Refer to brand names and models, If the reference to a brand name is unavoidable, it should be followed by the mention “or equivalent”; • Contain a reference to preferred countries of origin;
Upon request, the expert shall attach necessary drawings to the specifications, since it is envisaged that bidders will not have to make their own measurements. A temporary access to the CEC premises will be provided with the facilitation of the PCU.
• A master’s or a bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of information technologies, natural or social sciences;
• Minimally two years of professional experience technically equipping or supporting the operation of press halls, other institutions or premises equipped for the work of mass media (providing the light, sound, access to a power network and other networks, other infrastructure);
• Experience in drafting technical specifications for a bidding procedure would be an asset;
• Excellent communication and analytical skills;
• Professional command of the Ukrainian language;
• Availability to visit the CEC premises in the city of Kyiv.
According to the PCU consultancy fees guidelines.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00667. The deadline for applications is 24 May 2021. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy or you may use the OSCE's off-line Application Form available at https://jobs.osce.org/uk/resources/document/anketa-na-vakansiyu; you should complete the Application Form and send it via e-mail to email@example.com indicating the title of the position on the Application Form and in the cover message subject. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.