A New Recruitment Platform is coming soon! Learn more about how it will enhance your OSCE Talent Acquisition Experience.
“Supporting the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in preventing and combatting illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives” Project
The PCU project "Supporting the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in preventing and combatting illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives" is implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (MIA) and National Police of Ukraine (NPU). The project will contribute to the MIA in developing an effective, resilient, and sustainable system that addresses contemporary and forecasted concerns and challenges related to illicit trafficking in WAE in all its aspects. The project main objective is to support the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in preventing and combatting illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives (WAE) in all its aspects.
In particular, within the project’s activities, it is planned to develop and roll-out the electronic WAE classifier and its integration into MIA’s unified information system. The “Needs Assessment” and technical consultations carried out in 2018-2019 between the OSCE Secretariat and the MIA revealed the absence of the unified and standardized WAE classification in Ukraine. Therefore, as a matter of priority the requirement to develop and introduce such WAE classifier system was established. The classifier will be integrated into MIA’s unified information system in support of development of the unified and standardized WAE information management system within the MIA and its sub-ordinated agencies. The underling purpose of these actions is to exploit synergies and enhance interoperability between relevant databases and other information systems on national level.
Please note that this is a consultancy assignment of a temporary nature. The consultant will be required to work from home with the ability to travel if necessary.
The selected expert is expected to work in close co-operation with the project staff of the OSCE PCU. Consultant will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
• To lead the process of interviewing MIA’s and NPU’s representatives and other relevant stakeholders, collect and analyse background information on WAE classifier development. Based on the obtained data, to develop the respective ad-hoc reports and final summary report;
• To develop the Road Map of WAE classifier implementation. Road Map should contain actions, approaches, ways, specific tasks, timelines, responsible parties and other elements regarding developing and integration of WAE Classifier into the MIA’s unified information system;
• To develop the WAE classifier Terms of Reference (ToR). The required ToR should contain information about WAE classifier interface, functionality, structure (i.e. service, information, reporting modules, etc.), front-end as well as back-end requirements, applicable technologies, etc.;
• To develop the ToR for the integration of the WAE classifier into the MIA’s unified information system;
• To prepare procedure for the introduction of the WAE classifier for everyday use in the MIA and other interested governmental agencies/ministries;
• To act as a facilitator in the process of WAE classifier development, roll-out and its integration into the MIA’s unified information system;
• To elaborate training materials and operational guidelines related to development, roll-out, maintenance and operation of WAE classifier; to deliver the trainings, act as facilitator and guide during the training sessions;
• Other duties that might arise in connection with the above.
• University degree in Information Technology or a related field;
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in developing IT (databases) products;
• Experience in developing registers and databases;
• Experience in the field of policy making;
• Demonstrated knowledge of WAE classifiers;
• Advanced programming, design and editing skills;
• Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian including excellent communication and writing skills (English will be an advantage);
• Experience in conducting trainings events;
• Profound knowledge of IT products ToR’s drafting;
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment and within limited time frames.
According to the PCU consultancy fees guidelines.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00656. The deadline for applications is 11 April 2021. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy or you may use the OSCE's off-line Application Form available at https://jobs.osce.org/uk/resources/document/anketa-na-vakansiyu; you should complete the Application Form and send it via e-mail to email@example.com indicating the title of the position on the Application Form and in the cover message subject. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.