Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant and general instructions from the Transport Unit, the incumbent will drive a motor vehicle to transport personnel, visitors, delegates, documents, goods and supplies. The incumbent:
- Drives vehicles for the transportation of goods and supplies, and personnel. Picks up and delivers materials and supplies as requested by different departments.
- Is responsible for the loading and unloading of the goods and supplies transported;
- Delivers and collects mail, documents and other items as instructed by the supervisor;
- Drives a pool vehicle for the transportation of authorized personnel;
- Transports non-OSCE Mission members as approved by Director of Regional Center / HQ Transport Unit pursuant the completion of the General Release Form;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- At the beginning of each working day, he/she conducts the daily inspection of the vehicle by checking oil, coolant, battery, brakes, tyres, lights, indicators, damages, equipment, etc.;
- Refers all the findings to the supervisors, asking for instructions;
- Performs minor repairs and sends the vehicle to the workshop for other repairs; certifies the repairs needed by the vehicle on the work order;
- Receives the vehicle after repair, checks the technical status and certifies it on the work order;
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Records and reports the data referring to his/her activity and the use of the vehicle;
- Completes the daily Trip Ticket by recording all required data, such as driver’s name, passengers’ name and ID, destination, timing, mileage reading, fuel and oil consumption, etc.;
- Every day at COB reports to the supervisor, changes the Trip Ticket, gets instructions for the next day and leaves the keys of the vehicle in the office;
- Reports to the supervisor the start and end KM readings and all the tasks that he/she has undertaken;
- During a working day monitors all the time Transport radio channel in the respective region and Movcon radio channel out of region. Answers to each radio call addressed to him/her;
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed in case of involvement in accident, or in case that the vehicle breaks down;
- Reports immediately to Movcon any Accident/Incident in which he/she has been involved;
- Undertakes all the actions required by OSCE instructions for such cases;
- When required act as an interpreter for passengers in matters related to the transportation;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 635.67 Euro. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
||For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at http://www.osce.org/employment/43284. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org with vacancy number quoted in the title. Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.