As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level university degree in political sciences, international relations, public policy, law, international human rights law or other human rights related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the second-level university degree
Minimum 10 years relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 5 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The Director of the Human Rights and Communities Department is responsible for the overall management of the Department. Should you be selected for this position, you will be responsible for all departmental administrative matters (incl. budgeting, human resources management, etc.), and co-ordinating the Departments monitoring, capacity and institution building programmes. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing the human rights and communities mandate of the Mission, for developing, with the Senior Staff, policy of the Mission in these areas; and for the overal co-ordination and communication with other international and local stakeholders in these areas.
Under the programmatic and administrative supervision of the Head of Mission and the Deputy Head of Mission, the Director of the Human Rights and Communities Department will perform the following duties:
1. Developing and prioritizing tasks for the Human Rights and Communities Department Sections, in co-operation with the departmental senior staff;
2. Advising the Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission and other officials on matters concerning human rights and communities;
3. Supervising all human rights and communities programmes, projects and reporting of the Department;
4. Developing mechanisms to implement the Departments mandate;
5. Assuming responsibility for human rights and communities analysis of legislation and executive actions to ensure compliance with international human rights standards, respect for democracy and the rule of law;
6. Working and liaising with all directors to help ensure Mission synergy and coherence of all Mission programmes;
7. Co-ordinating with the Mission Spokesperson on public relations aspects of Departmental policies, programmes and projects;
8. Liaising with relevant local and international institutions, agencies and organizations on matters concerning human rights and communities;
9. Overseeing the Departments support to the OSCE-founded institutions;
10. Taking overall responsibility for all aspects of staffing and administration of the Department;
11. Supervising internal training programmes and seminars;
12. Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.